Paul Gascoigne charged with sexual assault on Durham train

Paul Gascoigne charged with sex assault on Durham train

Image copyright PA Image caption Paul 'Gazza' Gascoigne will appear before magistrates in December

Football legend Paul Gascoigne has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman on a train from York to Durham.

The former England midfielder was arrested at Durham station on 20 August.

British Transport Police said the 51-year-old has now been charged with one count of sexual assault by touching and will appear at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates' Court on 11 December.

Mr Gascoigne shot to international fame during the 1990 World Cup.

After leaving his hometown club Newcastle United in 1988, he enjoyed success at Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio and Rangers.

He has had a well-documented struggle with alcoholism in the past.

A spokeswoman for British Transport Police said Mr Gascoigne, of Leicester, was "charged via postal requisition with one count of sexual assault by touching, contrary to Section 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003".

"The charge relates to an incident on board a train on 20 August this year," she added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-46261574

Oh dear!

We can expect this to be likened to the recent yahoo paedophile scandal. Gazza has been off the rails for years. Probably drunk and thinking his actions were just another one of his pranks that will be laughed at.

Virtual embargo on SNP comment about Celtic FC paedophilia scandal.

SNP cover up over Salmond sexpestery being suppressed by ... SNP. 

So I think we can expect an imminent condemnation from Nukla of Gascoigne's association with Rangers.

I'm not sure that inappropriately touching a woman warrants a prison sentence.  

I'm not sure this incident warrants a thread on here either.  Gascoigne left the club over two decades ago and his troubles are well documented. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

We can expect this to be likened to the recent yahoo paedophile scandal. Gazza has been off the rails for years. Probably drunk and thinking his actions were just another one of his pranks that will be laughed at.

Why do you say that?

• Rousseau changed the title to Paul Gascoigne charged with sexual assault on Durham train

RANGERS legend Paul Gascoigne said he has done “f**k all” wrong after being charged with sexual assault following an incident on a train.

The former Ibrox hero is accused of one count of sexual assault by touching on a train from York to Durham on August 20.

He has now reacted to the charge on Twitter, telling his followers: “Hi as u know ive been charged with a sexual assault from 4 mths ago plus the police who charged me asked me for selfies&an autograph ?

“Why if I did wrong ok I’m sticking up4myself my manager SHANE said say nothing leave it2 the lawyers no I’m my own lawyer I did f*** all wrong”.

The star also spoke on Facebook following the announcement by cops this morning but deleted his original tweet.

He said: “I deny this offence but on the advice of my legal team I will not comment any further at this stage.”

He also denied it on Twitter before deleting the tweetHe has denied the charge on Facebook

Gazza was held at Durham railway station by cops from British Transport Police but later released under investigation.

A spokeswoman for the force said: “A man is due to appear in court next month charged in connection with the sexual assault of a woman on board a train from York to Durham.

“Paul Gascoigne, of Leicester, was charged via postal requisition with one count of sexual assault by touching, contrary to Section 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

“The charge relates to an incident on board a train on August 20 this year.”

He will appear at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates’ Court on December 11.

The charge is the latest blow to the former Spurs midfielder, who has fought a lengthy battle with booze addiction.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3509989/rangers-paul-gascoigne-charged-sexual-assault-train/

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not sure that inappropriately touching a woman warrants a prison sentence.  

I'm not sure this incident warrants a thread on here either.  Gascoigne left the club over two decades ago and his troubles are well documented. 

There has been many threads of Gascoigne in here how he is one of the Rangers family. We talk about many ex players that are no longer at the club. We cannot pick and choose only the bits we want to hear.