New TV deal: Sky to have sole coverage from 2020

Do you guys watch much football outside our own games?  I just ask because I get terrific value from my Rangers TV subscription, and I couldn't get that value from Sky or BT.  For many of us that spend a lot of time abroad, we seem to get a much better deal than those who rely on coverage from home soil companies.

My only frustration is that I can't watch the Europa League games unless I'm at Ibrox, because RTV doesn't cover those games.

I ditched Sky sports as an add on to my Virgin package(along with Sky movies) to cut down my monthly outgoings.

Not long after had virgin contacting offering me a deal to return to the Sky sports with the carrot of more EPL football to which I made it known I have no interest in EPL.

Next they said there were Scottish games as well and I said as I am only interested in only one team could they guarantee that I would see my team every week,they gave up.

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

Apparently that hasn't been signed yet as some Championship clubs, including the owner of Leeds, who's owner also owns eleven sports (the online channel that has rights to Serie A in the UK, and La Liga in other countries I think), are not happy as they think it undervalues the product.  

Regardless, it shows how Scotland is being short changed by Sky in my view.  

That's not Sky's fault. They've no obligation to overpay for Scottish football. if it's what the market is, then it's what they'll pay.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

That's not Sky's fault. They've no obligation to overpay for Scottish football. if it's what the market is, then it's what they'll pay.

Agreed.  And I'm not under any obligation to subscribe so that's the way it goes.  

I watch a ton of football these days due to the fact that my wife and kid are in the UK and I am in Bermuda.  It actually gets so bad that I watched Scotland v Albania at the weekend and I even watched Liverpool ladies vs Man City ladies the other week.

What a thrilling life I lead :D

Yet more evidence that Doncaster is Lawwell’s pet.

The TV deal is almost impossible to compare to England as it is a completely different scale of market.

However, you can compare it to similar sized countries in Europe. And it shows we are shafted, no matter what that liar says.