Goldson: We Don't Like Them

40 minutes ago, compo said:

I prefer my players to do their talking on the park .

Is that a bit like saying I like my wife to do her talking in bed?

I prefer to hear her snoring at least I am not getting nagged.:D

35 minutes ago, pete said:

Is that a bit like saying I like my wife to do her talking in bed?

I prefer to hear her snoring at least I am not getting nagged.:D

Jesus wept?? I have a few stories from younger years when you end up with a fit bird, she falls asleep and starts farting and snoring! The gold old days when you could run away?

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

As long as we have a level game i.e. no sh*t refereeing I feel we will win comfortably,if everyone plays to their strengths.

Don't be daft. This is Scotland, of course there will be shite refereeing, it's the only kind we have.

Our players must be buzzing after the Villarreal game! they have enjoyed their EL games since the start of the season, big crowds, and are now one win away from qualifying to the last 32 which I don't think any of them thought would be possible.

Now if they beat Hearts they will go top of the league, every player will be in good spirits and want to play, it's all there for them and I think we will go and give it everything on Sunday.

If you listen to what Goldson actually said, he was praising Hearts.  He said they're a "proper team" with a "proper support".  This was said in the context of some away games where there are "more Rangers fans than away fans".  He explains that it's a game where both sides just want to go at each other and win.  He wasn't disrespectful and didn't at any stage say anything to inflame the game.

The Hearts fans at my work were having a moan about Goldson's comments.

I sometimes wonder what the point is in pre-match press conferences.  It's either generic waffle or you say something a tiny bit unusual and it is analysed to the nth degree.