[FT] Cowdenbeath 1 - 3 Rangers (Halliday 12; Coulibaly 26; Lafferty 45+1)

Left Back is a position that at this moment in time doesn't have an obvious first choice.

If Barisic can stay fit for a few months, I reckon he has the ability and the skills to make the position his.

Let's see who starts next midweek up in sheepland.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Before the celtc game people were screaming for halliday to play instead of flannigan. Absolutely screaming for it 

Lets not rewrite history. 

Personally i would still have barasic when fit. 

You are rewriting history mate. I never mentioned Flannigin. I was talking about Barisic. You are maybe talking about 30 minutes before the game I was meaning the whole trajectory since Baracic came in.

Just now, ian1964 said:

Wish I hadn't mentioned Halliday playing well this season.

If there was an award for most improved player, Halliday would win it IMO.

The type of player and character a Rangers squad will always need. 

13 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Has to be! Halliday has been playing very well at LB and deserves massive credit for that, so why else would he be disliked when playing well consistently?

No, it doesn't have to be.

If someone says they think Barasic is a better full back than Halliday and that he is first choice then it is a quantum leap to suggest that this must mean those same people dislike Halliday.  In fact, it's nonsense Ian.  Proof, as an example, is myself.  I think Halliday bleeds blue, I think he has performed very well, and the first thing I did when I facetimed my kid when I got back to Bermuda was sing down the iPhone at him "na na na na na na na na na na na, Andy Halliday, Halliday" - so, how do you turn that into disliking Andy Halliday ?

Anyway, as you say, it's boring.  But I personally am not going to sit here and have you tell me that I must dislike Halliday because I think that Barasic is 1st choice LB.

13 hours ago, pete said:

Ian how can you say Halliday has been consistent? Before the Celtic game people were slaging him off as not good enough. He had a cracking game against Celtic and reasonable game tonight against a lower league team. Barisic has looked different class when he has played

You dislike Halliday pete