[FT] Livingston 0 - 3 Rangers (Jack 30; Kent 48; Morelos 74)

18 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Very little. I had a look at their starting lineup against us and the quality is so poor it's incredible Clarke is able to get points on the board with them at all. Can't help but wonder what he'd have done with us. 

Burke is 35 and S Boyd 32, Power picked up from the Conference and Dicker and Jones from League 2. Tshibola and Bachmann League 1. Findlay, O'Donnell and Brophy are ex Celtic youth and Taylor ex Rangers youth (he looked very good). Talk about a shoe string budget!

Right time, right place....Clarke's success at Killie doesn't mean he'd be able to deliver what is wanted at Ibrox.

He might, as he's the nearest thing in Scottish management to Walter Smith in terms of respected knowledgeable pragmatism..... but hypothetically, I tend to think Walter would simply ask for a much bigger budget if he were to be expected to win the title.....but in such a hypothetical scenario, he wouldn't get it and wouldn't want the job.

Clarke wouldn't want the job either.

Edited by buster.

Some seemingly can't take such defeats on the chin and/or note that the Scum lost in the exact same manner there too, earlier in the season. We should be ahead of them had we not screwed up our home games against  Killie, Dundee or Aberdeen, but we are in many ways still a work-in-progress. Now that we have managed - despite all our seemingly apparenty deficiencies - to get up to the same points total, the sky was the limit, only for some to react to a (as in one) defeat at a difficult ground as if armageddon is upon us. We are seemingly well back in the much dreaded weekly season-analysis mode ... when most of us are old enough to know that this is not how football works. Really folks ...

My gut feeling says that we'll win comfortably, 4-0 or the like. Brains is more conscious, but I do expect some reaction from our players and Livingston aren't at their best right now.

BTW, I nearly stopped reading when I stumbled over Worrel, winced when Jorden Jones came into the fray and stopped at Barasic. Time might have been a factor, but we should know how to spell our players by heart ...

Edited by der Berliner

20 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Some seemingly can't take such defeats on the chin and/or note that the Scum lost in the exact same manner there too, earlier in the season. We should be ahead of them had we not screwed up our home games against  Killie, Dundee or Aberdeen, but we are in many ways still a work-in-progress. Now that we have managed - despite all our seemingly apparenty deficiencies - to get up to the same points total, the sky was the limit, only for some to react to a (as in one) defeat at a difficult ground as if armageddon is upon us. We are seemingly well back in the much dreaded weekly season-analysis mode ... when most of us are old enough to know that this is not how football works. Really folks ...

My gut feeling says that we'll win comfortably, 4-0 or the like. Brains is more conscious, but I do expect some reaction from our players and Livingston aren't at their best right now.

BTW, I nearly stopped reading when I stumbled over Worrel, winced when Jorden Jones came into the fray and stopped at Barasic. Time might have been a factor, but we should know how to spell our players by heart ...

Just sloppy and not checking mate thanks for pointing it out.

21 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Yeah big time.

I can see the game following a similar pattern to Wednesday. Mind you if Mr Worral hadn't intervened we may have won comfortably! 

The potential problem is some players have 'the fear' and effectively hide from the ball.

The analysis on the other thread from the Kilmarnock game shows Jack doing this.

34 minutes ago, buster. said:

The potential problem is some players have 'the fear' and effectively hide from the ball.

The analysis on the other thread from the Kilmarnock game shows Jack doing this.

Yeah I didnt think the midfield worked the other night.  Jack didn't seem to know where he was supposed to be playing and Kent seemed to have a free role to just roam about. Even when Candeias came on there was no width in the team

1 minute ago, Whosthedado said:

Yeah I didnt think the midfield worked the other night.  Jack didn't seem to know where he was supposed to be playing and Kent seemed to have a free role to just roam about. Even when Candeias came on there was no width in the team

It'll be interesting to see what SG&Co do in terms changes, formation and/or players.

IMO, SG came accross as somewhat deflated in the press conference yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm tempted to avoid watching tomorrow's match.  Wednesday night and plastic pitches are certainly not making me feel positive.

You'll be watching it mate :thup:, but I hear what you're saying!