[FT] Hamilton 0 - 5 Rangers (Jack 16; Defoe 17; Arfield 24; Tavernier 44pen; Lafferty 88)

8 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Just remembered there was only 1 minute extra time! is that a first? normally 3 minutes minimum? not that it has any bearing on the result.

No medical staff on pitch,Hamilton subs at start of half,Rangers subs X2 at same time and Coulibally later so hence limited added on time as usually 30 secs allowed per sub.

2 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

No medical staff on pitch,Hamilton subs at start of half,Rangers subs X2 at same time and Coulibally later so hence limited added on time as usually 30 secs allowed per sub.

Just wondering why so little, cheers

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Pretty solid performance all round. MOTM Ryan Jack ... again. 

He and Glen Kamara could make a very, very effective midfield unit there for years to come for us.  They both can play in front of the back 4 but do so in different manner (Jack stops opposition attacks from breaching whilst one of the things that has impressed me greatly about Kamara so far is how he not only shows for the ball but is constantly trying to create angles so his CB's have options coming out of the back).  Both Jack & Kamara can play further forward too, which should make opponents confused when one goes and the other sits.

Must say though, I really do thank that Ryan Kent makes us tick.  Yes, he's raw, yes his decision-making could be better, but his directness, pace, willingness to go past an opponent absolutely terrorizes the opposing defenses.  This lad, if we were fortunate enough to secure him, could be the best piece of business we could do all summer - though I doubt we will be able to keep him.

Kamara has been really good since he has come in.

I think his passing, often with one touch, is making a big difference to the midfield.

We have seen it in two easy matches now.  I can't wait to see how we play against Aberdeen.  If he can bring this quality in more difficult matches then the rest of the season is going to be very enjoyable indeed.

4 hours ago, craig said:

He and Glen Kamara could make a very, very effective midfield unit there for years to come for us.  They both can play in front of the back 4 but do so in different manner (Jack stops opposition attacks from breaching whilst one of the things that has impressed me greatly about Kamara so far is how he not only shows for the ball but is constantly trying to create angles so his CB's have options coming out of the back).  Both Jack & Kamara can play further forward too, which should make opponents confused when one goes and the other sits.

Must say though, I really do thank that Ryan Kent makes us tick.  Yes, he's raw, yes his decision-making could be better, but his directness, pace, willingness to go past an opponent absolutely terrorizes the opposing defenses.  This lad, if we were fortunate enough to secure him, could be the best piece of business we could do all summer - though I doubt we will be able to keep him.

Not the full story but he has very few goals or assists. Good player though

Accies are relegation struggler but it's still an impressive result. Five different goal scorers while our top marksman wasn't even on the pitch and that's as many goals as Accies lost in their previous 3 games combined.

The team is beginning to click. But I and probably all of us still fear the inconsistency popping up again. Need another rout of Dundee to encourage me before moving on to the sheep.

2 hours ago, pete said:

Not the full story but he has very few goals or assists. Good player though

He pulls players out of position for others to exploit - he is also direct and takes defence into attack very quickly.  He also often finds himself being marked by 2 players which means a team-mate should have space - he may mot get credited with an assist but he is an integral part of our attacking threat.

As you say, not the full story

SPFL Highlights (extended with many slow-motions these days)

Going by the video, at their penalty cry, first Jack pulls one of them down, then Worrall nearly kicks their player. I would say that other refs might have given a penalty there. In saying that, a few minutes earlier an Accies player blocked a cross/shot by Halliday with his hand (unintentionally one might say) and no penalty was given. Might well be that the ref "evened that out".

In the game, BT had a video ref commenting, who - funnily enough - let the Halliday incident pass, but said "penalty" for the Jack & Worrall incident.

9 hours ago, craig said:

He pulls players out of position for others to exploit - he is also direct and takes defence into attack very quickly.  He also often finds himself being marked by 2 players which means a team-mate should have space - he may mot get credited with an assist but he is an integral part of our attacking threat.

As you say, not the full story

He's a conundrum for me because yes he one or two outstanding qualities, but the rest of his play isn't outstanding and that is why his assists and goals are low, no other reason. His pace is frightening and he creates havoc but there will always be that lack of quality with his end product IMO, whether it's a cross, pass or shot. He almost never gets "put on a plate" type assists like we saw from Candeias yesterday and Wednesday. Kent was actually lucky to get an assist to his name yesterday because he just played a normal backwards pass to Jack and Jack did the rest.