Union Bears statement

This is on the BBC website today. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47459485

"The safety of fans at Scottish football stadiums is to be highlighted as a key concern in a review on match policing, BBC Scotland has learned.

The report, due to be published on Wednesday, says inconsistencies in stadium checks by local authorities could leave fans at risk."

The authors and their chosen 'fans' contributor aside the pertinent point is alleged inconsistency from local authorities over stadium security. It's sort of relevant to the thread I thought. 

On 05/03/2019 at 12:37, Bluedell said:

@Gaffer my understanding is that it's where people can stand at their allocated area (seat) in the same way as they are allocated a seat. The areas can be converted into seating for European competitions

Image result for safe standing seats

Yogi Hughes and Willie Thorne look happy enough with that set up.

17 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Massive own goal by the UBs tonight. 

Put themselves before the team by refusing to sing in the first half and then disrupting the start of the second half when the team came out,pumped up and ready to start the game,  they ended up having to clear away that mess created. 

Poor show and one that will do them no favours.

Yes the fans near me were not impressed with them last night. Most seem to look on them as daft school kids.

It's a shame the other 40 odd thousand fans showed little enthusiasm for starting songs during the first half (including those who look on the UBs as daft wee boys).  

They are well within their rights to protest, as are others to moan about said protests.

However, in light of recent results, I think we have more pressing concerns as a support.  The season is over - now is not the time to start turning on each other.

The flags looked fantastic at half-time.