[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Worrall 48)

Last two games football played on ground a some great passing so why the f**k are we playing into the sheep's hands by long high balls which they are going to win all day.

Morelos deserves kick up the goolies for his dive now suspended again I believe.

Alfredo vs McKenna is a risk now, perhaps Defoe on straight away. Halliday can come in for Barisic straight away, as the former is at least willing to go forward and make thinsg happen AND has the guts and heart for such a game.

Arfield and Jack are just running about reacting, rather than doing something productive. Essentially, a carbon copy of the League Cup game, Aberdeen get an early goal (this time a gift by the ref) and simply craft for anything and hitting long balls. We playing the head-tennis and not any sort of football.

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

Last two games football played on ground a some great passing so why the f**k are we playing into the sheep's hands by long high balls which they are going to win all day.

Morelos deserves kick up the goolies for his dive now suspended again I believe.

Not for the yellow.

IIRC it's only Lafferty who has had a yellow card in the Scottish Cup this season.

Just now, der Berliner said:

Alfredo vs McKenna is a risk now, perhaps Defoe on straight away. Halliday can come in for Barisic straight away, as the former is at least willing to go forward and make thinsg happen AND has the guts and heart for such a game.

Arfield and Jack are just running about reacting, rather than doing something productive. Essentially, a carbon copy of the League Cup game, Aberdeen get an early goal (this time a gift by the ref) and simply craft for anything and hitting long balls. We playing the head-tennis and not any sort of football.

I've been saying it for ages that Barisic just hasn't done it for me, he looks terrified every time he plays, Jack is having a nightmare and our front 3 are just not in the match, no movement!.

We needed to have a bad day for the sheep to have a chance and that's exactly what's happening. It's still eminently winnable but something has to change and that's where the manager comes in.

3 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

The pitch and wind - the pitch is fairly uneven and along with the wind means the players are lacking confidence on the ball so we're having to play balls into the channel.

To be fair, we've had two or three half-chances from them with three poor finishes and wrong decisions, perhaps costing us an equaliser.

Sometimes the pretty football has to be dispensed with and you get into the trenches.  This is a battle and we now need fighters.