Brendan Rodgers ready to 'launch bid' for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Problem is that you aren't in the market for him.

There will be more than Leicester prepared to buy a forward who can score goals it's crazy prices time these days  absolute bonkers money being dished out for wallys we should be filling our boots with the fee .

4 minutes ago, compo said:

There will be more than Leicester prepared to buy a forward who can score goals it's crazy prices time these days  absolute bonkers money being dished out for wallys we should be filling our boots with the fee .

There will be a lot of interest but no matter how affluent, clubs don't tend to want to throw inflated fees at Scottish clubs and tend to play hardball. 

I think Morelos could go as far as he wants in the game if he is prepared to work hard and continue to evolve as a player but as it stands he's the best forward in the Scottish game when on his game but it hasn't happened enough when playing the better sides. He has the opportunity to change that in what remains of the season.

If he wants to be getting a regular game...Currently, I reckon you are looking at a Championship side who has realistic ambition to get promoted type of level and if he shows he can perform there then another step-up would beckon and that is where the funny money would kick-in #AddOns

21 minutes ago, buster. said:

There will be a lot of interest but no matter how affluent, clubs don't tend to want to throw inflated fees at Scottish clubs and tend to play hardball. 

I think Morelos could go as far as he wants in the game if he is prepared to work hard and continue to evolve as a player but as it stands he's the best forward in the Scottish game when on his game but it hasn't happened enough when playing the better sides. He has the opportunity to change that in what remains of the season.

If he wants to be getting a regular game...Currently, I reckon you are looking at a Championship side who has realistic ambition to get promoted type of level and if he shows he can perform there then another step-up would beckon and that is where the funny money would kick-in #AddOns

Offers above £20m with the asking price at £25m, otherwise they can jog on. That’s the price so they can pay it or not.

3 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Offers above £20m with the asking price at £25m, otherwise they can jog on. That’s the price so they can pay it or not.

Sounds good but wrt valuation, I doubt it currently corresponds to the marketplace.

- I think given the business model, the club need to cash-in on AM this summer

- SG would much prefer business to be done earlier rather than later

- Regards Money and Quantums, the European Qualifiers are our most important games of the season 

- If the summer is a protracted transfer story about AM, it might half-stop our season before it starts.

- Replacing AM wouldn't be easy and is another challenge for the management/recruitment

I can honestly see us cashing in on Morelos and Tavernier (if the price is right). £25 million plus would be great business for us and it's no coincidence that:

1. We have brought in a dynamic right back/midfielder (Polster)

2. Have secured Defoe on a 18 month loan 

3. Have been linked with pre-contracts with a few strikers. 

I'd hate to see them go but considering we are still playing catch up with the mhanks, 25 million would be very handy indeed. 

Player will always come and go. None of our better players will stay more than 2 or 3 years. So the issue isn't whether they will go or who they'll sign for. It's entirely about how much money the club can get and what they do with it.

Morelos being linked with Leicester and Dortmund is great for Rangers but tbh I find both hard to believe. Personally I think the £20m price tag Robertson slapped on him is an attempt to push his price up further but I can't imagine us turning down £15-18m tbh. I still think Morelos is not great with the ball at his feet, shows a lot of the ball to the defender and his passing and touch are very hit and miss. Our fans don't care as long as he ragdolls whoever is marking him and ideally gets on the scoresheet but it's very different at the level of those clubs where they expect their lone striker to be far more comfortable taking the ball in to feet than Morelos currently is.

Edited by DMAA