Brendan Rodgers ready to 'launch bid' for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos

If it were only that simple.

1. Come up with very optimistic incoming transfer fee and repeat it so much you start to believe it

2. Allocate XXMillion to sign  Y and Z who will provide creation and goals to take us to our 55th title

It would be great if it worked out like that and the premise is most probably what we'll be looking to do but things seldom work out exactly the way you want.

- If Alfredo is sold, does it happen early or late in the window ?

- How much will it be for ?

- Do we commit and look to buy a couple of quality players early in the window ?

- Would this undermine our negotiating position re. AM ?

- Do the quality players settle in and hit ground running ?

Another question for recruitment is what kind of quality do we go for ?

- top quality veteran with best years behind him

- younger player (23-25) judged to be on course to soon reach a 'good place'

- quality player in the prime of his career (relative to SPFL)

Sometimes you won't need to spend 5M / High Wages or anywhere near it to get relative quality and it's more about putting a cohesive squad together. Think Kamara instead of Davis. It was a positive to see that Kamara got a four and a half year contract whilst Davis got 6 months (thank the lord we didn't buy him and give him 2 years).

I reckon SG will go for a solid centre-half, a creative midfielder and a potential replacement for Alfredo.

He'll also want Ryan Kent.....let's tell clubs it's now 35M for Alfredo :whistle:

According to BBC R5, Dortmund has priced Jadon Sancho @100M GBP.

For EPL clubs he carries an English qualified and developed premium. Even allowing for this, (say 25M)  Alfredo is worth surely 30/33% of the net, ie between 20 /25M.

Morelos will be worth what people are willing to pay for him and we are willing to accept. I seem to remember that half a year ago, SG was murmured to want at least 20m. Given by his current performances, I would assume we will sure get that.

ALso talk that we are monitoring another Millwall defender, a right-back on a free. Given that  we got Polster for another 3 years, it may mean that there is some firmer interest in Tavernier, so we may look at a decent transfer budget next summer.

Given his disciplinary issues, the fact he plays in a crap league and still hasn't scored against the only other 'big' side and our (poor) record of getting good fees, I'd expect him to go for around £12-15m.

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Given his disciplinary issues, the fact he plays in a crap league and still hasn't scored against the only other 'big' side and our (poor) record of getting good fees, I'd expect him to go for around £12-15m.

I don't see what our "record" of poor fees has do with anything. Has this present board had a sellable asset on their hands?