5 minutes ago, compo said:

The thing now is can the manager put a team out that will beat kilmarnock on Saturday will he stick with the same system and players and I would live to know what exactly is McAllister's input if any or is he just here to keep Steven company. 

Probably the same as when we beat Celtic with a great performance.

---------------------------

What remains of the season is difficult (in terms of opposition) and we either come together as a team and meet the challenge or the whole show might start to unravel.

21 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Excellent post!

Yes, in a 4-3-3, one of the 8s should be occupying that half-space -- watch Man City or any Guardiola side; that space is occupied. 

In our 4-2-3-1, I think one of the 6s should be occupying it. Jack drops to be a lone 6, with Kamara sliding into that channel. Arfield could, but I think he should be in the other half-space threatening runs into the box, to get on the end of a cross -- it would also pull the defense inside leaving space for the other winger. 

But, yes, in neither of those formations are those half-spaces occupied. I do hope that SG is learning and developing this side. There have been improvements. 

Do you think that our players are just not seeing these spaces/runs, or is there a specific instruction to do something else?  This is what I struggle to understand.  They all watch the videos after the games and they must be able to see it, so why don't they do what we are suggesting?  It seems so obvious.

I would dearly love to know what they've been told to do if it's not that.  At least then we could watch out for the preferred tactic and determine if the players are not doing as they've been told, or if they're just not good enough, or both.  At the moment I am blaming the tactics because in my simplistic view of the game, we are just one small step away from being effective, but for some reason we are not doing it.

I urge other forum members to look out for this at our next match, if you haven't seen it already.  The only problem is that you'll be pulling your hair out like me after the first 3 or 4 crosses.  It's just a pity that pitch invaders are not flavour of the month, otherwise I'd suggest one of us runs on the pitch and into that space with a banner which reads "WISH YOU WERE HERE".

22 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Just stating a fact as I see it. Have seen the interview.

Kind of pointless fact to state when SG himself already accepted the responsibility you want him to take...

18 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

McInnes has some nerve.

So if it's an 'extra game' his hammer throwers should be allowed to kick their way through it with no repercussions. FULL ARTICLE

At least his players get an extra game... unlike our "far superior team" that you keep ranting about....

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Kind of pointless fact to state when SG himself already accepted the responsibility you want him to take...

What’s is your problem? Could be I did not see SG interview before I posted.

8 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

What’s is your problem? Could be I did not see SG interview before I posted.

The only problem I have is with fans demanding SG take responsibility after he has already taken responsibility...….

1 hour ago, craig said:

The only problem I have is with fans demanding SG take responsibility after he has already taken responsibility...….

I think it's more a matter of wanting him to do something about it that works.

I think the repetitive nature of certain negatives becomes frustrating

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think it's more a matter of wanting him to do something about it that works.

I think the repetitive nature of certain negatives becomes frustrating

So now your Bearger's mindreader ? :rolleyes:

I responded to what was stated.  And what was stated was that Bearger wanted SG to take responsibility for the defeat - something that SG had done approximately 10 hours previously....

1 minute ago, craig said:

So now your Bearger's mindreader ? :rolleyes:

I responded to what was stated.  And what was stated was that Bearger wanted SG to take responsibility for the defeat - something that SG had done approximately 10 hours previously....

When in charge, I think taking responsibility extends to doing something tangible about it that goes towards a solution.