The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Jurgen Klopp has disappointed Steven Gerrard and Leeds by blocking another loan move for Ryan Kent.

Gerrard was keen to re-sign Kent after he impressed on loan last season at Ibrox, scoring six goals in 43 appearances for Rangers.

Leeds head coach Marcelo Bielsa also wanted to sign the left winger, who has made just one senior appearance for Liverpool in the FA Cup in 2016, for next season.

But Klopp wants to hang on to Kent because he is missing his first-choice front three and the academy product will be involved in pre-season, starting with Thursday's game against Tranmere in Liverpool’s first friendly .

Klopp will also include Kent in his squad for Sunday’s match against Bradford and will take him on the club’s US tour.

Kent, 22, has spent the last four campaigns out on loan and had spells at Coventry, Barnsley, Freiburg and Bristol City before joining Rangers for last season.

Last season he won Rangers' Young Player of the Year award, and he also included in the PFA Scotland Team of the Year.

Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino will all miss the game against Tranmere as all three have recently been on international duty.

It means the likes of Kent will get the opportunity to impress Klopp, with other promising young players such as striker Rhian Brewster and midfielder Curtis Jones also set to be involved.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-reject-offer-rangers-leeds-17905335

6 hours ago, Frankie said:

No, not yet anyway (and unlikely to do so unless at least one of Tav and/or Morelos leave).

This time last year I would have dreaded it if Morelos were to leave. Now I feel that way about Tavernier. He’s key to our title ambitions.

Snatched from FF ...

@EstConsultancy

For folk asking, still expecting the announcement of Filip Helander to #Rangers, regardless of the possible managerial issue at Bologna. Deal well down the line.

... and:

I tweeted the Italian journalist. To see if he still expects helander to sign. Even though Bologna manager had too resign. Here's my reply.
""Helander has already had his medical yesterday & has signed the contract. Deal is done but up to Rangers to decide when to announce it""

Saturday, 13 July 2019, 12:00

by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS are delighted to announce the signing of Swedish defender Filip Helander from Bologna, subject to international clearance.

The 6ft 4in centre half has spent the last four seasons in Italy’s top flight, Serie A, but will now join the Light Blues on a four-year deal.

Helander, 26, is a regular in Janne Andersson’s Swedish international side and in 2015 he won the European Under-21 Championship with his country.

Helander today said: “I am delighted to be joining Rangers, it’s a special club with tremendous fans and a unique history.

“The opportunity to work with a manager like Steven Gerrard was an easy decision to make.

“I’ve come here to battle for every point and to win trophies and I’m looking forward to meeting my teammates and getting started.”

Before that, he started his career at Malmo, making his debut at the age of 18 and winning the league title in 2013 and a league and Swedish Super Cup double in 2014, a year in which he was named Allsvenskan defender of the year. Helander also experienced Europa League and Champions League football with his hometown club.

In July 2015, at the age of 22, he moved to Verona in Italy and in his first season he made 26 appearances and scored two goals, against Lazio and Inter.

A season-long loan switch to Bologna followed in August 2016 and Helander then joined the Rossoblu (red and blues) permanently a year later for a reported fee of £1.8 million.

In 2016/17 and 2017/18 the towering stopper made 41 appearances at club level before being named in Sweden’s squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He added a further 24 last season and featured in four of Sweden’s European Championship qualifying matches this year – against Romania and Norway in March and Malta and Spain in June.

A combative, strong performer who has experience of playing at the highest level, Helander will now provide Steven Gerrard with another excellent defensive option to play alongside Connor Goldson, Nikola Katic or George Edmundson in the centre of the Gers backline.

Edited by BEARGER

20 minutes ago, BEARGER said:
turday, 13 July 2019, 12:00

by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS are delighted to announce the signing of Swedish defender Filip Helander from Bologna, subject to international clearance.

The 6ft 4in centre half has spent the last four seasons in Italy’s top flight, Serie A, but will now join the Light Blues on a four-year deal.

Helander, 26, is a regular in Janne Andersson’s Swedish international side and in 2015 he won the European Under-21 Championship with his country.

Helander today said: “I am delighted to be joining Rangers, it’s a special club with tremendous fans and a unique history.

“The opportunity to work with a manager like Steven Gerrard was an easy decision to make.

“I’ve come here to battle for every point and to win trophies and I’m looking forward to meeting my teammates and getting started.”

Before that, he started his career at Malmo, making his debut at the age of 18 and winning the league title in 2013 and a league and Swedish Super Cup double in 2014, a year in which he was named Allsvenskan defender of the year. Helander also experienced Europa League and Champions League football with his hometown club.

In July 2015, at the age of 22, he moved to Verona in Italy and in his first season he made 26 appearances and scored two goals, against Lazio and Inter.

A season-long loan switch to Bologna followed in August 2016 and Helander then joined the Rossoblu (red and blues) permanently a year later for a reported fee of £1.8 million.

In 2016/17 and 2017/18 the towering stopper made 41 appearances at club level before being named in Sweden’s squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He added a further 24 last season and featured in four of Sweden’s European Championship qualifying matches this year – against Romania and Norway in March and Malta and Spain in June.

A combative, strong performer who has experience of playing at the highest level, Helander will now provide Steven Gerrard with another excellent defensive option to play alongside Connor Goldson, Nikola Katic or George Edmundson in the centre of the Gers backline.

Welcome to Rangers young man 

This is terrific news.  I still can't believe we have signed this guy for such a small (relative to his perceived value) fee.  We have strengthened all over now and we are surely in good shape to cope with inevitable injuries and suspensions.  I now just hope we can hold on to our best players because replacing them will be difficult and a risk.  One more attacking player and we will be ready for the title.