The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I merely suggested, providing some data, that I think it could be a step forward

Yeh I wasn’t trying trying to nitpick because I agree with that comment, I’d just rather use someone other than Jones as the example because I think he’ll be a backup, maybe an impact sub

Edited by DMAA

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I've just read the above again. I don't think Candeias is a "much better attacking midfielder than jones". Candeias is a very poor attacking midfielder. SG tried him in more central positions and he did nothing. His strength is crossing -- when it works -- and this is from a wing position.

I believe -- and, admittedly, I've not seen him much; but he has played across the attacking midfield line in his career thus far -- Jones' skill set will allow him to play in central positions more comfortably. In that sense he'll be a better fit for our formation.

When I say attacking midfielder I’m including the wing forward positions. As regards to playing through the middle though we’ll have to agree to disagree because I think Jones is very much a winger. 

Edited by DMAA

9 hours ago, craig said:

Hastie out then ? :ninja:

Not proven that Hastie is a Celtic supporter. Half of his family are Celtic and half are Rangers supporters. He has the tag of being a Motherwell supporter and not interested in Rangers or Celtic until now. 

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

When I saw attacking midfielder I’m including the wing forward positions. As regards to play through the middle though we’ll have to agree to disagree because I think Jones is very much a winger. 

"Wing forward positions", meaning the positions we utilise in our current formation? The 2, off the striker? (We really need to agree on a name for these positions!!) 

I think Jones is more suited to those positions than Candeias. There's a reason SG has preferred Kent and Arfield. We can agree to disagree, there. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how this season pans out with regards to these positions.   

Hastie was trying far too hard to impress the other night , some of the stuff he did was excellent , other times he should have played the simple ball and played players in , that's how you get dropped and it only makes it harder in the long term 

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

"Wing forward positions", meaning the positions we utilise in our current formation? The 2, off the striker? (We really need to agree on a name for these positions!!) 

I think Jones is more suited to those positions than Candeias. There's a reason SG has preferred Kent and Arfield. We can agree to disagree, there. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how this season pans out with regards to these positions.   

Haha, no I meant the 4-3-3 wide positions Kent and Candeias played last season, so I was including Candeias’s wide play in the comment. 

With regards to the more central positions I think (on limited evidence admittedly) that Ojo can adapt to playing centrally a bit better than Kent did and will start alongside Arfield, but I think Stewart will be a great option in there. He has good vision, passing, dribbling and goalscoring ability. Docherty looks like he’ll be fighting for games in there too as well as the 3 positions behind. 

Celtic only seem to be after a right-back. If they don't strengthen in midfield we will walk over them. Broony will be blowing air out of his rectum.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I tentatively agree with that. 

However, I do wonder what we could get with £40M+ in the bank?

Kieran Tierney apparently :roflmao:

4 hours ago, pete said:

Not proven that Hastie is a Celtic supporter. Half of his family are Celtic and half are Rangers supporters. He has the tag of being a Motherwell supporter and not interested in Rangers or Celtic until now. 

johnnyk could confirm as he knows the family....

2 hours ago, pete said:

Celtic only seem to be after a right-back. If they don't strengthen in midfield we will walk over them. Broony will be blowing air out of his rectum.

If they rely too heavily on Brown they are fucked.  Even moreso when they play us if we maintain the high press, because the only way Brown looks like a half decent player is when he is allowed time and space to make his 5-10 yard sideways and backwards passes.  High press like we did at Ibrox in December and he actually looks like a pub player.

They surely cant only be looking for a RB and expecting the same end result as last season ?