The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

He won't be an option for SG but will return to Hibs or Kilmarnock level or lower end SPL. I doubt he will get near championship level in England so lower team than that.

Regarding Candeias ... our right wing / midfield options:

Right midfield / winger:

CANDEIAS, HASTIE, OJO, DOCHERTY, GREZDA, Murphy, Jones, Stewart, Lafferty, Middleton, Dodoo, Jack,

I noted that we played Stewart on the right and Hastie on the left wing, even though the latter is more a right winger than a left-sided one. Should Candeias leave, we'll have two rookies and Stewart. I can't see a way back for Grezda, whom we utilized on his weaker side ...

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

My point was based on the 4-3 part. The front three doesn't matter. (Yes, you're right: it was, and it will fluctuate all season.) The RCM and LCM is the positions that will aim to cover the FBs.   

Are you talking about the positions? I was talking about swapping our loan (Kent for Ojo) and our permanent (Candeias for Jones). 

I would prefer Kent for Jones. I don't agree that's the swap, though.

The level of cover for the full backs seems to me to be greater under 4-3-2-1 than it is 4-3-3 as the 3 in the former tend to lie deeper than in the latter. Width from the "2" is being sacrificed to allow greater cover. If playing 4-3-3 then there may be a greater need for cover from the Candeias position, although Ojo and Jones may be up for that job, unlike the 2 who started last night.

Yes, talking positions.

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Identifying the Game Changing Playmakers in the Scottish Premiership

https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2019/5/2/identifying-the-game-changing-playmakers-in-the-scottish-premiership

Screen+Shot+2019-05-03+at+9.35.43+AM.png

I love these guys. Loads of great articles packed with stats. It helps when they vindicate my opinion on Kent, for all the hype he hardly ever put a chance on a plate for our strikers. 

We are not directly replacing either Kent or Candeias because we no longer play with wide forwards, we have changed formation to 4-3-2-1.

In terms of the starting 11 you could say they have effectively been replaced by a centre mid and an attacking centre mid, let’s just say Aribo and Ojo. Combined with the benefits of the formation to the team as a whole it’s an upgrade and a pretty big one. 

As @Rousseau has said we no longer need Candeias’ defensive abilities because we no longer even play a wide forward, we have an extra man in the “middle” and defensive cover is provided from there. The formation is brilliant for Barisic and Tavernier who are turned effectively into wingbacks with loads more space. 

Edited by DMAA

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Swapping Kent for Ojo is a step forward. IMO. 

Jones for Candeias is better offensively, but a step back defensively. I don't think that defensive aspect is required with our formation, however.

No idea how you can say that about ojo and Jones has 11 goals in his life by the age of 24 so that's patent nonsense.