The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

As I said when first posted, fee & dealing with then is issue 

I think we are seeing a time when what is perceived as the best Scottish talent at provincial clubs is outwith our financial grasp.

We'll have to wait and see if that perception is shared by any interested English teams for Souttar but if it is then he'll probably join the list.

Last summer saw Villa pay a relatively huge fee for McGinn going into the last year of his contract with Hibs.

Reportedly it also saw relatively huge bid(s) for Aberdeen's McKenna.

At least the circumstances around these two players showed that Celtic aren't immune to the effect.

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

Souttar @ 1.5M - 2M makes sense,...anything over that and it's a pass IMO

We paid that sort of fee for Katic last summer. Katic is a better player than Souttar.

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We paid that sort of fee for Katic last summer. Katic is a better player than Souttar.

Katic has different characteristics to Souttar.

I get the impression SG generally prefers players who are better at retaining possession. That is why Kamara was bought and plays whilst Docherty is on loan and McCrorie is on the bench. ...and perhaps partly why Worrell has played more than Katic.

From BBC website.

Summer signings Eros Grezda Borna Barisic and Kyle Laffertyappear to have played their last matches for Rangers after a withering dressing-down from manager Steven Gerrard in the wake of Tuesday's bounce match in which they found themselves 4-0 down at half-time against a Liverpool Under-23 side. (The National)

Scotland forward Greg Stewart , the 29-year-old presently on loan to Aberdeen from Birmingham City , has agreed a three-year contract to join Rangers this summer. (Sunday Mail)

Josh McPake , the striker who was man of the match in the midweek Scottish Youth Cup final win over Celtic, is to be offered new Rangerscontract with Liverpool among clubs eyeing the 17-year-old. (Sunday Mail)

Edited by BEARGER

3 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Fromm BBC website.

Summer signings Eros Grezda Borna Barisic and Kyle Laffertyappear to have played their last matches for Rangers after a withering dressing-down from manager Steven Gerrard in the wake of Tuesday's bounce match in which they found themselves 4-0 down at half-time against a Liverpool Under-23 side. (The National)

Telling the world isn't the best negotiating tactic.

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

From BBC website.

Scotland forward Greg Stewart , the 29-year-old presently on loan to Aberdeen from Birmingham City , has agreed a three-year contract to join Rangers this summer. (Sunday Mail)

Josh McPake , the striker who was man of the match in the midweek Scottish Youth Cup final win over Celtic, is to be offered new Rangerscontract with Liverpool among clubs eyeing the 17-year-old. (Sunday Mail)

The BBC puts a more negative (gutter-press-like)  twist on the story written in the Sun. SG sure critized them and others for their lacking application (or so we assume) in the 4-4 game.

Gerrard is well aware Scottish football is not for faint hearts.

He said: “I’m not here to speak about individual players, but I’ve already spoken about Grezda and Barisic a while ago.
“Have I seen anything in the interim to show me they’ve taken it on board? Well, one’s been injured but have they played in the starting 11?

“Not much, so that’s the answer to your question.
“You’ve got no chance, especially in this country, if your attitude isn’t bang on.
“If you’re not mentally strong, you get chewed up and spat out in this league.
“I’ve seen it with many players coming up here. Not just this year, I saw it with players before I arrived.
“I knew that this is a league that’s demanding, mentally and physically. If your attitude isn’t right in every single game, you’ll get found out.
“There has been progression in certain areas and a lot of things for me to be proud of.
“A lot of players have really come to the party, helped us progress and move forward.
“But I’m sitting knowing there’s still a lot of work to do and a lot of areas where we need to improve.
There’s a lot of people that we need to move on.
“At the moment we’re trying to identify free contracts that are interesting and can make us stronger.
“When the time’s right to strike for that quality, we’ll try to do that.”

... is what he said. IMHO, some bad man-management re Eros and Borna, as you would expect that somesuch is not said openly and the Scottish media in particular. The only thing I can envisage is that he offers them to any would-be buyers early. But still, both have had injuries or came with injuries and given the "standard" of the Scottish game, there is no wonder that people with quality find it hard to adjust. Whether they don`t want to or don't try is pure conjecture.

Wouldn't sanction anymore than 750K on Souttar.

From what I've seen in the last couple of weeks, he's simply not worth a big slice of our budget.

Probably better to pass altogether.