The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

For those interested in transfer news and some background on Barasic, Grezda and Lafferty you really should have listened to last night's Gersnet podcast. Just as well you can listen to it again today. How would we all feel about signing an ex-Celtic player...? 

7 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

For those interested in transfer news and some background on Barasic, Grezda and Lafferty you really should have listened to last night's Gersnet podcast. Just as well you can listen to it again today. How would we all feel about signing an ex-Celtic player...? 

It would be like having one of "the green brigade" as a lodger. 

Edited by Uilleam

The Rumour was certainly surprising but it won't happen.

The real question regards Southampton midfielders is more about Steven Davis and do we offer him a contract.

He's played a few decent games now, too late to mean much but he's now showing interest.

For me, he needs to keep it going and that includes having a real positive effect in the OF match on the horizon. 

I would have no problem signing an ex-Celtic player if he was going to improve Rangers. If we could get McGregor I would pick him up from Parkhead. Where did our scouts miss out on him as he was a Rangers supporter as a youth.

43 minutes ago, buster. said:

The Rumour was certainly surprising but it won't happen.

The real question regards Southampton midfielders is more about Steven Davis and do we offer him a contract.

He's played a few decent games now, too late to mean much but he's now showing interest.

For me, he needs to keep it going and that includes having a real positive effect in the OF match on the horizon. 

Davis is already done

The manager has already confirmed to press he will be here next season 

1 minute ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Davis is already done

The manager has already confirmed to press he will be here next season 

Thank's Stevie !

I'm guessing a two year contract.

Not sure whether to be pleased or not tbh.

Will have a better idea after the Celtic game... and once the transfer window eventually closes regards to get an idea of how much of the wage bill he'll be picking up. 

2 hours ago, compo said:

Would be as well signing soapy Soutar , we need quality not quantity. 

Thing about Soapy is that he does have some potential to become a decent ball playing centre back but he is still at the stage of making too many mistakes in big games....What that means in a Rangers shirt is failure and at best, the bench.

We need a central defensive partnership that is primarily solid.

This season we have conceded 25 league goals in 35 matches with a +53 GD.

Last season we conceded 50 league goals in 38 matches with a +26 GD

Goldson has been ok to decent and is probably in the managers thoughts to continue his starting place, it's a matter of who to put beside him.

We need better than Souttar currently is and CH is a position where we need tried and tested starters.

IMO Katic is good enough to be one of the two back-ups but we need a bit of quality to slot in beside Goldson.

Regarding ex-Yahoos ... I tend to make a difference between your "normal" professional footballer (e.g. Kenny Miller) and a real Celtic-weirdo (Stokes, Griffiths, Brown et al). Is a name attached to the "rumour"?

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Regarding ex-Yahoos ... I tend to make a difference between your "normal" professional footballer (e.g. Kenny Miller) and a real Celtic-weirdo (Stokes, Griffiths, Brown et al). Is a name attached to the "rumour"?

Go listen to the pod :D