[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Hibernian (Defoe 41)

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Can anyone tell me what the offence is?  I'd love to know on what basis the police feel they can remove a banner like that.  I can understand if it's covering advertising during a UEFA game, but any other time seems peculiar to me.  Has anyone heard the rationale from police?

We shouldn't really cover advertising at any time.

Can't quite believe that McGregor got himself sent off in this way.

He could have cost us the match.  He might well end up costing us the next match.

If the senior players in the team don't focus on winning then good luck getting the others to.

The problem is, in the Twitter era, the ones offended get to decide what is and isn't allowed and sensible adult conversations about whether something is or isn't offensive get drowned out by the complainants.

If a banner at a football match offends you, may I suggest you try to obtain a skin thickening cream.  Or alternatively, just f*ck off.

13 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The problem is, in the Twitter era, the ones offended get to decide what is and isn't allowed and sensible adult conversations about whether something is or isn't offensive get drowned out by the complainants.

If a banner at a football match offends you, may I suggest you try to obtain a skin thickening cream.  Or alternatively, just f*ck off.

I agree with that but I don't even understand what is offensive, or what could even be construed as offensive about that banner.  If it was removed because someone was upset, the police should be slapping the complainer in the face and telling them to get a grip.  The world has entered a new era and its frightening.  It was a better place to live in when we had freedom of speech and expression.  We're on the road to hell at the moment.

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:52, buster. said:

Thought Kent seemed very quiet in the 1st half.........Is there an injury issue ?

I saw someone say on FF that he was sick at half time. If so then fair enough. But I watched the game back and everything was going through Arfield, Kent was invisible. We're trying to make him fit into a formation he doesn't fit into in my opinion (not only based on this game). To be fair it's not like we have many candidates for it, but he looks lost in the middle which is in stark contrast to Arfield who's off the ball movement and link up play is fantastic. The formation really plays to his strengths.

Edited by DMAA

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I saw someone say on FF that he was sick at half time. If so then fair enough. But I watched the game back and everything was going through Arfield, Kent was invisible. We're trying to make him fit into a formation he doesn't fit into in my opinion (not only based on this game). To be fair it's not like we have many candidates for it, but he looks lost in the middle which is in stark contrast to Arfield who's off the ball movement and link up play is fantastic. The formation really plays to his strengths.

Yes, I since heard it was an illness, although tbh he didn't do much in the match against Aberdeen either.

Hopefully he's fit and up for the next match.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Yes, I since heard it was an illness, although tbh he didn't do much in the match against Aberdeen either.

Hopefully he's fit and up for the next match.

He didn't, he's looked shoehorned in both times. I think there's an element of keeping Liverpool happy tbh.

5 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I agree with that but I don't even understand what is offensive, or what could even be construed as offensive about that banner.  If it was removed because someone was upset, the police should be slapping the complainer in the face and telling them to get a grip.  The world has entered a new era and its frightening.  It was a better place to live in when we had freedom of speech and expression.  We're on the road to hell at the moment.

It was put back down as soon as it was taken up. The pulled it up when first and second half started. However, it’s a disgrace that the Scot Squad get involved with this?  I won’t go on about them, their uniform hides their personal insecurities.