Going places/getting there.

Maybe we have not won anything this year but IMHO we are getting there with Young Player of the Year,goal of the year and "FOUR" players in Team of the Year small steps but in the right direction.:crest:rfcbouncy:

Agreed MacK !

We've moved foward.

The fact we are 14 points ahead of 3rd means DK's 'a strong second' is in the bag.

That is a significant distance and takes us away from what were a couple of years of provincial club like finishes.

I'd add the progress at youth development level with the caveat of it means relatively little until we see more of them in and around the first team.

Looking forward, recruitment is now key.

Thinking about the team, rather than individuals.

We haven't the cash to buy wonderful players in today's inflated market and players who used to be wonderful would be of limited value. 

I wanted a comfortable second; we got that. I'm content. 

It is a tad frustrating, however, when you consider we could've nicked the title if it wasn't for a few sloppy results. 

36 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It is a tad frustrating, however, when you consider we could've nicked the title if it wasn't for a few sloppy results. 

Agreed but going into a new season with a campaign under our belt will only help the manager and squad. Coupled with fact that the Tims won't have Brendan Rogers in the dug out makes it a more even fight. No matter who they go for, no Brendan Rogers means a 20% reduction in their quality and sustainability. Will they opt for Lennon? And would he take it? He has to think carefully IMO. Does he want to be the man that could be in charge if their 10 in a row dream goes belly up? It will be an interesting summer indeed...

There have been a lot of silly points dropped and Sunday's second half performance suggested there is still a lot of work to do.  

I'm pleased we have improved but frustrated that we haven't done better.

I don't care if the yahoos have Lennon or Mourino in the dugout, we have to be pushing them all the way next season.  And we MUST win a trophy.

On 06/05/2019 at 05:02, Rousseau said:

Or a few poor officiating decisions....

On 06/05/2019 at 05:43, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed but going into a new season with a campaign under our belt will only help the manager and squad. Coupled with fact that the Tims won't have Brendan Rogers in the dug out makes it a more even fight. No matter who they go for, no Brendan Rogers means a 20% reduction in their quality and sustainability. Will they opt for Lennon? And would he take it? He has to think carefully IMO. Does he want to be the man that could be in charge if their 10 in a row dream goes belly up? It will be an interesting summer indeed...

But they’re replacing Brendan with Mourinho..... :roflmao: