Lee McCuloch Expected To Sign

Suprised no one has posted this yet.

Last night on both news channels they reported that his agent is flying into Glasgow to have talks and he is expected to sign next week. They had an interview with McCulloch and all he was saying he had a meeting with the new manager to sort out his future and was just smiling when asked about Rangers, so i think he will be a Gers player very soon

Rangers want but won't pay for McCulloch

As tight as you would expect from a Scotsman, Rangers are courting Lee McCulloch, but are unwilling to pay the going rate for the international forward.

The player himself has made his intentions clear to Wigan Athletic manager Chris Hutchings in a brief meeting earlier this week. After over six years with Wigan Athletic, McCulloch feels he is ready for a new challenge and would like to join Rangers.

He told the Daily Mail: "I've had a meeting with the new Wigan manager, it wasn't a long meeting, but I expressed my opinion to him. I'll keep what was said to myself just now and I'll just wait and see what happens. The manager knows what I want to do."

However there is a big stumbling block over the fee being commanded for the 29 year old. The Latics believe McCulloch to be worth upwards of �£4 million while the Scottish club can only afford to pay �£1 million.

After the favour that Wigan did Rangers over Andy Webster - he cost Rangers nothing in the end - this is seemingly a kick in the teeth for Hutchings.

A potential swap deal had been mentioned, but the standard of players at Ibrox did not interest Hutchings. Aside from asking for a transfer again, there is little else that McCulloch could say to join former national boss Walter Smith at Rangers.

McCulloch added: "Walter Smith is a fantastic manager and he has the record to prove it. Everybody knows the size of Rangers, it sells itself really.

"I put in my transfer request and then, to be honest, I just had to knuckle down. I felt I did that and we managed to avoid relegation so I think I did well.

"If I had to leave the club, it would be a sad day for me. I've been there for six years and had some fantastic games and experiences during those six years."

Taken from a Wigan site, cheeky fuckers, but shows the feeling towards the level up here if we're not deemed good enough for Wigan ffs !!! (from their fans I know)

How much they looking for, they need to remember that they are a Championship side now

No they'r not. They stayed up. But �£4 million for McCulloch is just taking the piss! There is no way he's a 2million player let alone 4. Just shows how farcical the transfer system is down south.

We may not be able to afford £4 but that does not mean we're stupid enough pay it if we could. That's a ridiculous fee - £1m tops is his worth.

The article does remind me that the English really use the word, "tight" where we use something like, "no mug".

Oh well, they'll have an unhappy player on their books and we'll get someone else for 1M. Their loss.

PS it's funny how they think their Scottish Internationalist is worth 4M but then they think a Rangers team full of Scottish internationals has no-one worth the same...