signing rumours

Guest stuarty66

I don't know if its tax or not, but the Whittaker deal will not be announced (or completed, depending on who you believe) until August 1st (or after).

Most Hibbees that I know all say that the deal has been completed and Whittaker is a 'Rangers player'.

Cammy F

From the earlies tomorrow...

We're in talks with Deigo Placente, the LB from Celta Vigo.

Cousins will be flying in this week.

Whittaker will have signed by the end of the week.

DM is quoted, saying that the fee wasn't the reason for pulling out of the Scott Brown signing. It was because of his wage demands which would have thrown our wage structure out the window and meant other young Scots would have expected the same - i.e. 25 grand a week+.

DM also has a dig at Killie suggesting what most of us think, that there aren't any other bids on the table for Naismith.

Oh, and a few more things from DM in the Herald.

"I think you can see we're getting quite active again in the market," he said. "We are going to spend well over £10m this year and still intend to bring in two or three more players. I am invigorated by having Walter Smith here, Alastair McCoist here, Kenny McDowall here: there's been a vibrancy about the place. I remain as committed to the club as I have ever been."

Not that the club isn't still officially up for sale. "I have been here 19 years and we have won 13 championships, let's just put it all in perspective," Murray said. "What I said was that one day I don't want to do it forever, and the situation remains the same.

"There have been a few nibbles but not the right person for me to hand on my legacy to Rangers. There is no photofit of the ideal candidate to buy the club but what it has to be is somebody who I feel comfortable that my legacy and the future of the club is in good hands.

"We have been on the dancefloor with several parties. But we decided not to take it any further because it wasn't the right thing for the club. There is no point somebody coming along using every single penny that they have got to beg, steal and borrow to get themselves in a position where they own the club, then they can't do anything with it."

One of the less welcome pieces of news on the agenda was a morning report trailing the publication of a new book on Paul Le Guen, which suggests the Frenchman had felt betrayed by the way Murray refused to back him when he proposed the sale of captain Barry Ferguson.

"I genuinely believe it is someone trying to sell a book," said Murray. "Martin Bain has been in contact with Yves Colleu, Le Guen's assistant and there has been no acrimony since so I am surprised by the headline but not surprised by the author.

"It says I was interviewed, and I wasn't interviewed, so that is the authenticity of it. What Paul did was he wanted to sell Barry Ferguson and I said be fully aware of the consequences."

Cousins will be flying in this week.

DM is quoted, saying that the fee wasn't the reason for pulling out of the Scott Brown signing. It was because of his wage demands which would have thrown our wage structure out the window and meant other young Scots would have expected the same - i.e. 25 grand a week+.

DM also has a dig at Killie suggesting what most of us think, that there aren't any other bids on the table for Naismith.

Cousin(s) signed for a Spanish team today apparently though.

That would leave us 3 Left backs. I know Whittaker can play RM but is he an attacking winger type??

But the way Hutton gets forward we just need a player who can cover him to get him forward more.

Whittaker is primarily a RM who can also play at RB. He's not a flair RM but does get forward.

The LB thing is being seen as a sign of how bad the outlook is for Stevie Smith.

As for Cousins, I think there was a posting yesterday with the same transfer link, but looks like its since fallen through.

I don't know if its tax or not, but the Whittaker deal will not be announced (or completed, depending on who you believe) until August 1st (or after).

Most Hibbees that I know all say that the deal has been completed and Whittaker is a 'Rangers player'.

Cammy F

My mate who works for landrover said Whittacker was in buying a brand new Landrover and told him he was signing for Rangers, don't know if Rangers were paying for the Landrover, but it's about 60 grands worth of motor :cheers:

Range Rover Sport for Whittaker? Must be moving up in the world then :)

I don't believe for one second that he told your mate he was signing, but just that he's put 2+2 together.

Well,my mates not a liar,maybe Whittacker just told him a lie :cheers:

The Daily R*cord are reporting that Cousin is now top of Walter's shopping list and could sign by Wednesday. They're also saying that the Whittaker deal will happen on the 1st.

And apparently the mhanks are interested in Naismith and are wanting to send a young player to Killie as well as cash.

From what I've read about Cousin, sounds like he could be a target style front-man for Boyd and D'Archeville to play off.