signing rumours

Guest stuarty66

McFadden would be a good signing for us. He would do a similar job to Neil McCann IMO.

But the latest reject we are being linked with today is Lee Hendrie.

Would love to see McFadden and Gary Naysmith at Rangers...think they'd be fantastic additions to our squad. However I'm sure I read somewhere that Billy Davis and Derby County were interested in McFadden and were willing to pay �£4million for him.

Malky

Unfortunately I can see a good few other Premiership clubs after McFadden. Only hope there is that he wants to play for WS. He's another player I can't believe we passed up when we had the chance to buy him.

Gary Naysmith has been linked with us for years, but I'd like to see him. If Stevie Smith's injury is worse than we thought, there's no point rushing him back, but as Papac is staying, I can't see him signing another LB.

Unfortunately I can see a good few other Premiership clubs after McFadden. Only hope there is that he wants to play for WS. He's another player I can't believe we passed up when we had the chance to buy him.

Gary Naysmith has been linked with us for years, but I'd like to see him. If Stevie Smith's injury is worse than we thought, there's no point rushing him back, but as Papac is staying, I can't see him signing another LB.

Derby are quoted as interested in mcFadden and are preparing a �£3M bid - thats us out the running if true.

Cammy F

From what Walter Smith has been saying I can't believe there will be no new signings. They may not be spectacular or expensive but I reckon there will be plenty of activity and at least 4 more players coming in. DM will not want to make a fool of Smith who is nobody's mug.

You don't invite your best mate back as manager from doing well in the Scotland and then give him peanuts.

However 4-5M is probably the budget rather than the 10M quoted.

There's a lot of juggling to be done with that sort of modest resources.

The players' rumour really stinks a bit.

Yes, Alan MacGregor is upset that we haven't signed a top class keeper for the number 1 shirt, and Alan Hutton is crossing his fingers for a fantastic new right back to compete with.

Boyd is really livid that we're not signing another couple of big name strikers that score a barrel-load as well as being a good team player.

Adam will be really disgusted at the lack of experienced international competition on the left and Ehiogu is dying for an expensive, flash Spanish centre back to come in.

Stevie Smith and Papac feel there is not enough cover at left back and Ian Murray is disappointed in the lack of new utility players.

Barry Ferguson was looking forward to a world class midfielder with great leadership skills and international captain's experience and Hemdani just knows we need a new holding midfielder.

Svensson thinks we're a bit thin at centre back and Sionko, Novo and Burke, like the rest of us, think the right wing is a bit weak.

Sebo is upset that our strike force is just not of a high enough quality and Buffel is dying for the boot when we bring a skillful player who uses his gifts for 90 minutes every week.

Yes the players are really upset we haven't gone out and signed a whole new team that are twice as good as they are...

:rolleyes::confused:

The players' rumour really stinks a bit.

Yes, Alan MacGregor is upset that we haven't signed a top class keeper for the number 1 shirt, and Alan Hutton is crossing his fingers for a fantastic new right back to compete with.

Boyd is really livid that we're not signing another couple of big name strikers that score a barrel-load as well as being a good team player.

Adam will be really disgusted at the lack of experienced international competition on the left and Ehiogu is dying for an expensive, flash Spanish centre back to come in.

Stevie Smith and Papac feel there is not enough cover at left back and Ian Murray is disappointed in the lack of new utility players.

Barry Ferguson was looking forward to a world class midfielder with great leadership skills and international captain's experience and Hemdani just knows we need a new holding midfielder.

Svensson thinks we're a bit thin at centre back and Sionko, Novo and Burke, like the rest of us, think the right wing is a bit weak.

Sebo is upset that our strike force is just not of a high enough quality and Buffel is dying for the boot when we bring a skillful player who uses his gifts for 90 minutes every week.

Yes the players are really upset we haven't gone out and signed a whole new team that are twice as good as they are...

:rolleyes::confused:

So what you are suggesting is that the current crop of players are happy to fall into mediocre obscurity ?

Every player should want to play but surely every player would also want to see the TEAM doing better and at least challenging for trophies.

Besides, how does the rumour stink ? Have a number of the players not been quoted as saying they hope to see more quality players signed in this pre-season ? I think you will find the answer is YES they have, BF is one and I am sure others have also been quoted as saying they want to see the team and squad strengthened.

If that is the case then the players rumour really DOESN'T stink.

players always want better players to come in to improve the team.

Agreed but they want them in the positions that they don't hold themselves. Every player thinks it is not their fault but another is to blame. Ask Barry Ferguson! I rest my case.

Agreed but they want them in the positions that they don't hold themselves. Every player thinks it is not their fault but another is to blame. Ask Barry Ferguson! I rest my case.

i've never heard bf saying 'i think we need new quality players, but no midfielders', but i have heard him say we need new quality players. lots of times.

i've never heard bf saying 'i think we need new quality players, but no midfielders', but i have heard him say we need new quality players. lots of times.

I meant he gives everyone the blame except himself and tries to chase all over the park thinking he has to do everybody else's work, not that he said no midfielders.