Laudrup is overrated. Fight me.

All for differing opinions but Laudrup wasn't over-rated.

Yes, he perhaps was never truly an elite player (and if you're playing with Rangers then it suggests you have some weaknesses compared to the very best) but he was fantastic for us and for Denmark so he was definitely levels above most typical Scottish/Rangers class players.

Perhaps he was let down by other areas of the team at the time he played for us when it comes to our struggles in Europe but, in Scotland, he was unplayable for the vast majority of his time here and he'll always be a (or the) focal point of one our most successful periods in Scottish football.

14 minutes ago, compo said:

simple solution we should have singed both the brothers :laugh2:

Might have went down like the De Boer brothers though. Michael was peaking late 80s and early 90s during the 3 foreigner rule and at a time when signing from overseas wasnt so fashionable, plus we was scooping domestically.

Im happy with Brian though, easily the best and most enjoyable player Ive ever seen at Ibrox.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

All for differing opinions but Laudrup wasn't over-rated.

Yes, he perhaps was never truly an elite player (and if you're playing with Rangers then it suggests you have some weaknesses compared to the very best) but he was fantastic for us and for Denmark so he was definitely levels above most typical Scottish/Rangers class players.

Perhaps he was let down by other areas of the team at the time he played for us when it comes to our struggles in Europe but, in Scotland, he was unplayable for the vast majority of his time here and he'll always be a (or the) focal point of one our most successful periods in Scottish football.

Unquestionably, the best player I've ever seen at Rangers

4 minutes ago, Gribz said:

A decent debate question is - was Laudrup better then Gascoigne? For me its a yes.

Mibbees aye, mibbees naw.

I was about to agree but I changed my mind, then I wasn’t sure.

Edited by Scott7

14 minutes ago, buster. said:

Unquestionably, the best player I've ever seen at Rangers

That's a a difficult question to answer for me as there are too many variables to make the conclusion accurate.

I said recently on the Gersnet Podcast, my own favourite Rangers player was Richard Gough but clearly he was a very different character and player to Laudrup. 

In terms of sheer entertainment and skill on the ball, then it's difficult (in the modern era at least) to think of better than Laudrup.  I'm sure some of our elder Gersnet statespeople will point to Morton, Baxter or Cooper for that crown but perhaps we should just be content to remember the positive contribution of all our heroes instead of looking to find negativity where none need exist.