[FT] St Joseph's 0 - 4 Rangers (Jack 49; Ojo 55; Barisic 68; Morelos 76)

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I'm surprised Jones started. I wonder if he's seen as being first choice?

He's not had much a break so may be seen as sharper than a few others plus he's used to playing on that kind of surface.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Ryan Jack is a total waste of a shirt against teams like this.  Stick someone who can create or attack on instead.

On a serious note, yes, I was thinking he might be changed for Aribo at half time.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm surprised Jones started. I wonder if he's seen as being first choice?

He sure is as active as Kent would have been. Probably the most willing runner and shooter.

But as has been said, good practise against the brickwall brigade. You would hope we start shooting earlier, as passing through 15odd people in the area is always the most trickiest thing on offer.

Edited by der Berliner

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's going how I expected, to be honest. 

Terrible pitch, they have everyone behind the ball, and we're slowly trying to find a way through, and struggling. 

I’m at work so can’t see it.  Sounds familiar though. Dominant but struggling  to break down a massed defence. I expect that to improve with game time but we must get an away goal with no reply here to make the second leg comfortable.

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I’m at work so can’t see it.  Sounds familiar though. Dominant but struggling  to break down a massed defence. I expect that to improve with game time but we must get an away goal with no reply here to make the second leg comfortable.

It's not quite the same in my opinion.  We are actually making half chances and the ball is moving forward faster, mainly thanks to Davis and Kamara being able to hit Ojo, who looks like he's going to be a super signing for us.

Typical start of season dross ,against a team that sits in on a dreadful pitch , the sooner we get our coefficients and get out of these games the better , though it will probably take a few years .

• Frankie changed the title to St Joseph's 0 - 0 Rangers
  • Frankie changed the title to St Joseph's 0 - 1 Rangers (Jack 50)