1 hour ago, pete said:

Have you ever sat up the back at Dortmund  it is twice as bad. You need an oxygen mask.:D Against Celtic in December last year I sat up the very top of the Club deck and can't really remember any issues except the climb. I am not sure if I could see the nearside touchline or not but i was too nervous and happy to worry about it.

You should have been able to see the touchline. 

The ball disappears above the roof sometimes though. 

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ditto. I eventually moved from CD5 to the Main Stand, mainly because of that awful bloody climb but also my shins could no longer take the bashing from the seat about six inches in front.

I bought a debenture when it was being built, sat in my seat for the first game and never went back because it was so uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Always wondered why there was no thought to sticking in escalators? The climb is brutal!

Escalators would be murder and dangerous with so many people at once. At the end of a game you would have a queue for hours'Not an option in my eyes.

8 minutes ago, pete said:

Escalators would be murder and dangerous with so many people at once. At the end of a game you would have a queue for hours'Not an option in my eyes.

Just has to be operated right. Pretty sure spurs new stadium has them throughout. I think it comes down the design. The club deck only has the staircases to go up, further ways up would be needed for escalators. 

I was impressed at Schalke where the biggest climb is outside the stadium with just a slow gradient up to the gates. after you are in the stadium you have to go up or down which meant far less of a climb,

20 minutes ago, pete said:

There are escalators in busy places all over the world. Back when Murray built it in the 90s he either couldn’t be bothered or the cost bothered him?

1 hour ago, pete said:

How do escalators cope with the huge crowds at mass transit systems like London's underground?

1 hour ago, pete said:

And yet stadiums like Emirates which houses more fans than Ibrox can manage it no problem......