Will we ever be successful in the transfer market with Martin Bain as our 'negotiator'? I for one believe that as this man cares not one iota about Rangers, he isn't the man to be discussing transfer fees and wages to potential players and their representatives.

He should be removed forth-with and replaced by a 'footballing person' who has Rangers long-term interests at heart and who is helped identify targets by a scouting network. It is too late to empoly Gordon Smith in this role and I don't know if Campbell Ogilvie would come back as he was shafted by Murray / Bain.

So, here is my suggestion - I would employ Graeme Souness in this role and would employ ex-players like Laudrup, Albertz, Numan, Mols, Wilkins, Klos, Prso etc as 'scouts' - these players are well respected in their homelands and would be ideal people to represent us across Europe and beyond. Thewy would also be well placed to spot a player and would have insiders who could also tip them of players who are coming to end of contracts and looking for moves etc.

This would take time and money to establish, so under Murray would be a non-starter, but we can but dream....

Cammy F

So, here is my suggestion - I would employ Graeme Souness in this role and would employ ex-players like Laudrup, Albertz, Numan, Mols, Wilkins, Klos, Prso etc as 'scouts' - these players are well respected in their homelands and would be ideal people to represent us across Europe and beyond. Thewy would also be well placed to spot a player and would have insiders who could also tip them of players who are coming to end of contracts and looking for moves etc.

Cammy F

Yeah agreed. Imagine the difference of pressance that these ex players would make on the targets rather than sun-tan boy turning up.

Why Laudrup and Numan have never been approached for any role at Ibrox is beyond me, they ooze class on and off the pitch.

But these guys are probably too honest for the job.

"Laudrup and Numan"

Add Albertz to that and we would have a fully professional set up with people who know what they are talking about.

Bain is a laughable puppet. He is no more than a mitten for SDM's right hand!!

Cnut!

Just because these men were great players for us, it doesn't mean they will automatically be great scouts, negotiators, fixers - or whatever role is being suggested.

I dont like Bain any more than the next man but I would rather put someone in place with experience and a track record.

Just because these men were great players for us, it doesn't mean they will automatically be great scouts, negotiators, fixers - or whatever role is being suggested.

I dont like Bain any more than the next man but I would rather put someone in place with experience and a track record.

Looking at the team over the last years Bain's track record is not that good.:confused:

Its a great idea and I think we should be doing all we can to get guys like that involved somewhere. Also, I think there's a place at Ibrox for Souness in some sort of role, not quite sure what, but I sometimes think we need his no-nonsense attitude around the place.

Bain's track record as far as DM goes is superb. His main job was to sort out the wage budget and he did it in record time which I think got him promoted. All he's doing is carrying out DM's orders, so while I don't like the way he does business, the problem isn't really with him.

Its a great idea and I think we should be doing all we can to get guys like that involved somewhere. Also, I think there's a place at Ibrox for Souness in some sort of role, not quite sure what, but I sometimes think we need his no-nonsense attitude around the place.

theres no way souness would come back. last time i heard he was trying to buy wolves so thats a complete non starter.

Bain's track record as far as DM goes is superb. His main job was to sort out the wage budget and he did it in record time which I think got him promoted. All he's doing is carrying out DM's orders, so while I don't like the way he does business, the problem isn't really with him.

actually it was alex mcleish who slashed the wage bill when we ran up huge debts. he was the one who had to get rid of the high wage earners at the club and keep us competing at the top. as much as we wanted rid of him at the time we all owe this guy a huge thanks for the trophies he won with such little resources.

I would love to know what martin bain has ben up to over the last couple of years. over at septic park peter lawell is flogging the septic brand to all and sundry and has been promoting them all over the world.

As for martin, he has been conspicuous by his own absence and i really cant remember the last time i seen him on tv or in the papers promoting Rangers. What the hell does this guy do for his half a mill a year? Does any body really know? If they do im all ears.