The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Exactly! Why don't we see the likes of King, Young-Coombes, Kelly, Mayo, Kennedy, Mepude et al at least on the bench? Liverpool put 5 youngsters with limited experience on the field v Everton in the cup and emerged triumphant. if we are modelling our style of play on them why not their strategy too?

Our youngsters are having that kind of experience to an extent in the Tunnocks cup.

However guys like Young-Coombes, Kennedy and Mebude aren't ready for the first team. We saw what happened to Atakayi. a brief appearance where he was clogged and was never seen again. A lesson has been learned from that.

Guys like Mayo, Barjonas and Patterson may be more ready but when the likes of Edmondson, Docherty and Flanagan struggle to make the bench on occasions then there's just not room for them, particularly as we need our bench to come on at a moment's notice, and the importance of the games as highlighted by Craig.

4 hours ago, craig said:

This season is too important to play around with rotation - even the weaker teams still make things difficult.

This is the crux of everything. The heat is on and I can just imagine the seethe if he went with a couple of youngsters and any points were dropped. This is likely to be a close run thing. A single draw that should have been a win could lose this league.

Some might think fielding a team of youngsters against Stranraer may be practical but I don't. I want the first team out there working to shake off any January break rust before the real battle begins again.  

On 09/01/2020 at 15:15, Bluedell said:

Our youngsters are having that kind of experience to an extent in the Tunnocks cup.

However guys like Young-Coombes, Kennedy and Mebude aren't ready for the first team. We saw what happened to Atakayi. a brief appearance where he was clogged and was never seen again. A lesson has been learned from that.

Guys like Mayo, Barjonas and Patterson may be more ready but when the likes of Edmondson, Docherty and Flanagan struggle to make the bench on occasions then there's just not room for them, particularly as we need our bench to come on at a moment's notice, and the importance of the games as highlighted by Craig.

Absolutely I get the point about how critical this season is, but my point was inspired by L'pool and their equally critical season. Why are THEIR youngsters seemingly far more ready and developed than ours right now?