The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Absolutely I get the point about how critical this season is, but my point was inspired by L'pool and their equally critical season. Why are THEIR youngsters seemingly far more ready and developed than ours right now? 

They could be slightly older than our crop? Also we've had to reinvent our youth system and scouting over the past 2-3 years after it being decimated by the spivs.

They are also able to keep their best youths financially whereas we lost Gilmour.

They also have more kids to pick from and generally don't seem to care much about winning cups.

Additionally, the English youths seem to be more physically developed than the Scots ...I have no idea why.

30 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

They also have more kids to pick from and generally don't seem to care much about winning cups.

Additionally, the English youths seem to be more physically developed than the Scots ...I have no idea why.

It's the SNP. They stunt everything in their path.

Edited by Bill

15 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Absolutely I get the point about how critical this season is, but my point was inspired by L'pool and their equally critical season. Why are THEIR youngsters seemingly far more ready and developed than ours right now? 

Liverpool were almost forced to play youngsters -- it's not because they are good enough to play consistently. They've got a heavy schedule over Christmas, with League, League Cup, FA Cup and Club World Cup.

Klopp played youngsters in the League Cup, where they were smashed by Villa 4-0, and then against Everton, where for the most part they should have been smashed, if not for some poor finishing and good saves. Klopp wanted the CWC, so played his first team -- which is unusual for European sides, I think -- which they won. Obviously, he wants the League more than anything -- I've not seen any youngsters get game time in the League. 

I think you're putting too much spin on this. 

12 hours ago, NDC Gers Fan said:

Zak Rudden off to Thistle on a permanent apparently. Probably get a small fee and a sell-on 

I want a % of any sell-on fee and a buy-back clause -- we should do the latter more often, like European clubs. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I want a % of any sell-on fee and a buy-back clause -- we should do the latter more often, like European clubs. 

That’s a very good point. Rudden has potential but clauses like that would make it far easier to let guys go. 

15 hours ago, Bluedell said:

They could be slightly older than our crop? Also we've had to reinvent our youth system and scouting over the past 2-3 years after it being decimated by the spivs.

They are also able to keep their best youths financially whereas we lost Gilmour.

Harvey Elliott  - with whom we have been linked - is only 16 but I agree with your other points.