The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, NDC Gers Fan said:

We can definitely improve the squad in January. An injury to Kent and our lack of real quality options in the “inside forward” positions will show so, IMO, we need a player the quality of Kent on the right side (Aribo will still play as we need a squad), a back-up for Borna and another striker.

Kent cost a reported £7.5 million. That's what his kind of quality costs and currently we're not going to be spending anything like that. 

Aribo is a first team player.  He's excellent when playing in the right position, just wide of the striker (albeit he fades in and out of games but he's still learning).  

Our bench often features weak links but I don't see us adding quality in this window.

SG and the team need to show a lot of effort and get the rub of the green too.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Kent cost a reported £7.5 million. That's what his kind of quality costs and currently we're not going to be spending anything like that. 

There will be better players out there than Kent for less than that fee in other European Leagues or available on loan. It’s not up to me to identify them though, that’s the scout’s job.

1 hour ago, NDC Gers Fan said:

There will be better players out there than Kent for less than that fee in other European Leagues or available on loan. It’s not up to me to identify them though, that’s the scout’s job.

Really? Well if there is better than him out there for a lot less i'm baffled as to why they paid that money. 

11 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Really? Well if there is better than him out there for a lot less i'm baffled as to why they paid that money. 

Because he was settled at us and we know what he can do first hand. The fee we paid for Kent is the going rate for a young, talented English player of his quality down south.

29 minutes ago, NDC Gers Fan said:

Football Stewart saying on his Patreon that we have a minor interest in taking Windass on loan. Would be a weird one

That has to be joke of transfer window a player who would back out of a 70-30 tackle when the 70 in his favour?