The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I`m prepared for a rumour-update-frenzy over the next 7 days ... ???

I think it's going to be a quiet closing week if you don't count the obligatory nonsense links from the media. 

Apparently, as someone said on this thread yesterday, Campbell is about to sign a new contract at Stoke City :(

And Gerrard has reiterated that Morelos isn't for sale and that there will be "good news in a day or two" about Defoe.

11 minutes ago, craig said:

Apparently, as someone said on this thread yesterday, Campbell is about to sign a new contract at Stoke City :(

And Gerrard has reiterated that Morelos isn't for sale and that there will be "good news in a day or two" about Defoe.

As Celtic may discover, integrating new players in January doesn’t always lead to the results you want on the park. I’d rather have stability for the time being. 

56 minutes ago, Bill said:

As Celtic may discover, integrating new players in January doesn’t always lead to the results you want on the park. I’d rather have stability for the time being. 

Agreed.

They are panic buying, aye maybe these players they are signing may turn out to be good players and maybe they will improve them, however our squad are settled now and know each others play/style, they are hungry and confident, I know what I would prefer!.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Don't Disagree.

My disappointment about Campbell is because he is an England U20 international, only 20 years old, highly thought of and would have cost us only 400k due to cross-border transfer rules.  Would have been "one for the future" rather than with an eye on him contributing massively the second half of this season.

Integrating players in January isn't always easy and obviously we all hope you are right.... but you also can, potentially, get a Gordon Durie, who comes in late in the season and gives you the shot in the arm you need to get over the line.  Hopefully Celtic get a Rafael Scheidt and not a Durie with their signings :D

2 hours ago, NDC Gers Fan said:

I don’t think we’ll sign anyone this window and we’ll massively regret it.

We are, effectively, top of the table (notwithstanding the game in hand being won)….. we haven't lost ANY of our first team (yet), every player that has gone out has actually offered almost nothing in terms of even minutes this season.... so why would we regret it if we continue on the same trajectory we have in the first half of the season.

None of the players that have left have contributed.  And they didn't look like they had a chance of contributing.  So why keep them ?

Realistically, how could we improve the starting XI, or even the squad, in January ?