The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

FFIW ... Tyrese Campbell of Stoke has seemingly pulled a hamstring after scoring the opener yesterday, and Sheffield United (EPL) have apparently entered the race for his signature.

Whether he is actually a target remains to be seen, out of contract in the summer and as far as rumours go yet to decide to take a new Stoke deal, an offer from the Old Firm or now the Blades.

His opening goal was a tap-in.  Not that it matters, he found himself in the right place at the right time to score against the Championship leaders.  Stoke were good value for that win too.

I would hope that his Dad would guide him towards us - Sheffield Utd are doing very well this season, they have had that "first season in the EPL bounce" but it wouldn't surprise me if they were relegation candidates next season.  If he goes there he will likely be on a 3 or 4 yr contract - would he want to go knowing he could be back to the Championship within a season ?  

I would also like to think that Rangers (and Gerrard in particular) would be able to sell him on us better than Lennon.  Lennon just always seems angry, whereas the camerarderie in our dressing room is there for all to see.

Clutching at straws loyal :D

Morelos to Barca................................according to the record

BARCELONA should buy Rangers star Alfredo Morelos as the ideal replacement for injured Luis Suarez, according to Colombia's most decorated manager Jorge Luis Pinto.

Morelos is currently suspended after his Old Firm sending off last month and has netted 28 goals for club and country in all competitions this season

Ibrox manager Steven Gerrard has insisted there is no chance they will sell their talisman this transfer window.

But former Colombia, Costa Rica, Honduras and current Millonarios manager Pinto reckons his countryman should be heading to the Nou Camp.

Barca are on the look-out for a new striker after ex-Liverpool ace Suarez was ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury.

And the La Liga giants should target Morelos as the ideal striker to replace him, according to Pinto, who led Costa Rica to the quarter finals of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and has managed
teams in Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela as well as in his Colombian homeland.

Pinto said: "Alfredo Morelos would be the ideal striker to replace Luis Suarez for me.

"Why not? His performances in the last year certainly suggests that he could replace him. He has been a battering ram at Rangers.

"I've got huge admiration for what Alfredo has achieved so far in European football and he's still young."

Edited by ian1964

18 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Morelos to Barca................................according to the record

If it wasn't for the timing of this article it would be more than welcome. 

If it wasn't for the timing of this article it wouldn't have been printed.

While being delighted that as transfer deadline looms, Morelos and Kamara are still here, I must admit to being a tad perturbed that the Keltic have added a couple of big signings while we haven't. While confident that our first team is better than their first choice, I fear that their squad is deeper and stronger. That could yet be telling. Hope I'm wrong. 

6 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

While being delighted that as transfer deadline looms, Morelos and Kamara are still here, I must admit to being a tad perturbed that the Keltic have added a couple of big signings while we haven't. While confident that our first team is better than their first choice, I fear that their squad is deeper and stronger. That could yet be telling. Hope I'm wrong. 

have they signed anyone from a top division?

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

have they signed anyone from a top division?

I think his point stands that they have strenghened, albeit only in depth. Whilst we have weakened our squad, albeit only in depth. If Edouard gets injured I'd probably fancy the Polish boy to have more of an impact than Griffiths or Bayo, he's match fit at the very least.