The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

One of these was in a cup-tie against Elgin City at Easter Road which Hibs lost.

No, I only took League games. 

It's 8 goals in 27 if you want total goals. (I tend to skip Cup goals because it is against those types of opposition.)

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yeah -- especially on current form. 

However, I would say Kamberi is more versatile and dynamic, and a much better link-up player. Dykes is very static when you look at his goals; they're put on a plate for him, whereas Kamberi has to do a lot of work. 

He is more versatile and dynamic, but I think that's maybe a bit harsh on Dykes. Hit hattrick against Ross County was impressive and he's actually fast for someone so tall and can beat a man too. He had an impressive assist at the weekend (I think it was) when he beat a man out wide with a good bit of skill and set the goalscorer up with a good pass.

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He is more versatile and dynamic, but I think that's maybe a bit harsh on Dykes. Hit hattrick against Ross County was impressive and he's actually fast for someone so tall and can beat a man too. He had an impressive assist at the weekend (I think it was) when he beat a man out wide with a good bit of skill and set the goalscorer up with a good pass.

Yeah, I do recall him [Dykes] being able to carry the ball very well -- especially against us! But, that was against us: space to run into on the counter!

Looking at Dykes' goals, they're all on a plate. Okay--his positioning is good, but how much space will he get when there's 12 players ( :ninja: ) around him? I see him as more of a striker, target man. I will concede I have not seen much of him, so his assists -- although the number s look good -- are unknown to me. 

Kamberi looks more versatile to me; more dynamic, can score all types of goals and looks like he's a good link-up player too. His form has been terrible this season, however, and a couple have mentioned his attitude. 

I was actually thinking a couple of days ago that there must be some decent forwards playing in Scotland just now we could move for. Dykes and Kamberi -- along with Cosgrove and Long -- were the names that initially came to mind. 

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yeah, I do recall him [Dykes] being able to carry the ball very well -- especially against us! But, that was against us: space to run into on the counter!

Looking at Dykes' goals, they're all on a plate. Okay--his positioning is good, but how much space will he get when there's 12 players ( :ninja: ) around him? I see him as more of a striker, target man. I will concede I have not seen much of him, so his assists -- although the number s look good -- are unknown to me. 

Kamberi looks more versatile to me; more dynamic, can score all types of goals and looks like he's a good link-up player too. His form has been terrible this season, however, and a couple have mentioned his attitude. 

I was actually thinking a couple of days ago that there must be some decent forwards playing in Scotland just now we could move for. Dykes and Kamberi -- along with Cosgrove and Long -- were the names that initially came to mind. 

I still think you are underrating Dykes (and his goals). Most strikers do not have good assists numbers, only the ones who link up very well with the midfield. Livi have only 35 league goals this season to Rangers' 57. Yet Dykes has 6 league assists and Morelos has 3 and Kent has 0. Anyway, looks like Kamberi will be the one signing so I'll need to dig up some positive stats on him instead later today ?

Edited by DMAA