The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I'm intrigued by the forwards. They are quite similar in many ways (young, quick, tall, capable of running with the ball or in-behind, and also capable of playing in a couple of positions along the front line), so that must be the profile we're looking at -- it does remind me of Morelos, in a way.

Kamberi is younger (23), with 3 goals in 20 league appearances. He's got 3 assists this year too.

Dykes is one year older (24), with 8 goals in 18 league appearances. He has 6 assists this season. 

Neither are prolific, as Morelos was, but you would expect them to score more for us, if they are in any way successful. 

Clearly we're looking at younger players than are quick and physical, that can carry the ball, run in-behind and play in a number of positions. 

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Stevie 4LHD saying he thinks Hagi will be the excitement of the window. Have to say I couldn’t see where another quality player was getting into our team at the moment unless you are dropping Kamara. 

... and moving Aribo back, for Hagi to play in the more advanced role. 

Kamberi has often been playing in a deeper, wider role when used so that explains his lower goal tally this season.

He's a player I've liked for a while, he's fairly quick, skilful and a good finisher.  He's also somewhat lazy and rather inconsistent.

However, I do think he can improve further and would be a useful option.  A loan deal may be fairly sensible.

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Kamberi has often been playing in a deeper, wider role when used so that explains his lower goal tally this season.

He's a player I've liked for a while, he's fairly quick, skilful and a good finisher.  He's also somewhat lazy and rather inconsistent.

However, I do think he can improve further and would be a useful option.  A loan deal may be fairly sensible.

On top of that, Hibs have been rank rotten for most of the season. He does have something about him and hopefully he can flourish in a better team (and system)? 

16 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Can’t help thinking Dykes would be a better option than Kamberi

31 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Kamberi is definitely a very decent option if we can get him. I've only seen glimpses of both but Dykes strikes me as a player who has more potential than Kamberi if I'm honest. If we don't go for him I would expect him to do well in the Championship next season.

Jordan Campbell has more or less rubbished the Dykes link for now though and with McNulty and Docherty reportedly going to Hibs it looks very likely Kamberi will join by the end of the day.

22 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Can’t help thinking Dykes would be a better option than Kamberi

Yeah -- especially on current form. 

However, I would say Kamberi is more versatile and dynamic, and a much better link-up player. Dykes is very static when you look at his goals; they're put on a plate for him, whereas Kamberi has to do a lot of work.