New Bids In for Naismith and McCulloch????

So the squad for next season may be:

MacGregor/Carol/Smith

Whittaker/Hutton/Lowing

Wier/Ehiogu/Broadfoot

Cueller/Webster

Smith/Papac/Murray

Novo/Burke/Sionko

Ferguson/Furman

Hemdani/Thomson

Beasley/McCulloch/Adam

Boyd/Gow/Sebo

Darcheville/A.N.Other - Naismith?/Buffel/Lennon

You've got to wonder whether MacGregor is toasting the new goalkeeping arrivals and whether Hutton has his fingers crossed we get Whitaker, and Adam will be well chuffed with Beasley and McCulloch.

With Gow and Darcheville now here, Buffel getting fit and Lennon knocking on the door, Boyd will be praying we get another striker in.

Yes, the team will soon be out celebrating the strengthening of the squad. Well, maybe Barry and Hendami...

Sorry couldn't resist that. :)

Anyway, do you think this squad is strong enough?

I think it's much bigger and better than the beginning of last season but not spectacular at all.

I can imagine our total layout will be about 6.5M. Not bad, not great.

I think it would be good to get rid of Ponroy and Sionko and sell Buffel for 1M to bring costs down as they seem superfluous.

Central Midfield lacks depth if Fergie and Hemdani both get injured/suspended.

Thomson can cover for either BF or BH - and Mcculloch apparently can play CM too, not ideal I know - but if BF and BH are out at the same time then tactics can be shifted to have Thomson as holdin gmid and bring in Buffel as a creative AM.

I think our squad is already looking a fair bit stronger than this time last pre-season - but, as you say, without looking spectacular at all