New Bids In for Naismith and McCulloch????

Just read that, 2m for McCulloch and a 'package' of 1.5 for Naismith. Dread to think how we've arrived at the 'package' figure.

DAMARCUS BEASLEY'S nickname is jitter but US soccer legend Brad Friedel reckons the Rangers-bound star will be the one giving SPL defenders the shakes next season.

The PSV Eindhoven flying machine is set to fly into Glasgow tomorrow to finalise his high-profile switch to Ibrox.

The 25-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Manchester City, played a major part in the US's recent Gold Cup triumph over Mexico at the weekend.

Beasley is now looking to claim even more success on the club front when he become Walter Smith's latest big-name recruit.

Friedel believes his former national team mate will make a real impact in Scotland and revealed the speedy wideman, nicknamed Jitterbug, will be even better after his 12 month stop-off in the Premiership.

Friedel said: "Beasley is a player with absolutely blistering pace.

"If you put him out on the left and let him run at defenders then he will do a great job for Rangers.

"For me he is an out and out winger whose strength is running at defenders and putting balls into the box.

"I think Rangers will be a great move for him because he is a great guy and when it comes to big clubs then they don't come any bigger than Rangers, especially in Scotland.

"Damarcus is also very experienced in the European game after his spells with PSV Eindhoven and Manchester City last season and I am in no doubt he can be a big player for Rangers.

Out and out winger sounds good

Sounds like Friedel rates him anyway and by that comments its what we are crying out for.

McCulloch also coming would mean our left sided problems are gone as we'd have Beasley, McCull, Gow and Adam.

Still not sure on Naismith though.

Give me Naismith over McCulloch anyday. This "package" deal regarding Naismith, as Jon says I hate to think how we've finalised that if it has been all sorted out. Knowing Murray and Bain we'll pay Killie 2k for every appearance makes and 5k for every goal he scores.

I'm not sure about Beasley, I haven't seen much if any of him, I'm just going on what Pete says.

I would rather Naismith than McCulloch.

With Naismith we would be paying 500k less for a 23 yr old as opposed to 2 mill for a 29 yr old. Naismith has more talent then McCulloch IMO.

Is the McCulloch price not just indicative of the current market? He's 29, so is considered to be at or nearing his peak. He's been playing in the Premiership and is an established internationalist, so if you look at that lot, then 2M doesn;t seem bad. I wonder if people would be so dismissive of the guy and the fee if it was a similar foreign player we were looking at?

Its not a signing which gets me excited, but at the same time, it seems fairly low risk. We're getting a player who WS knows, has worked with and could be good for 5 years or so on reasonable wages. Sounds like far from the worst signing we could make.

As for Naismith, I wish we'd get him signed up as I really don't know how we can genuinely be in for Faubert if we're quibbling over a few hundred grand now with Killie.

Yeah latest bid knocked back:

Rangers have had a second offer for Scotland striker Steven Naismith turned down by Kilmarnock.

BBC Sport understands that Rangers offered �£700,000, half to be paid immediately, with the rest to follow in a year's time.

Kilmarnock, who had rejected a �£400,000 bid, would have benefited further from add-ons for goals and appearances.

But the Ayrshire club dismissed those outright and are thought to be holding out for �£1.5m for the 20-year-old.

Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johston has kept manager Jim Jefferies informed of developments.

And Jefferies told The Herald: "Rangers have made an improved offer, but it was still not near our valuation.

It was an increase on their last bid but not substantial enough for Kilmarnock to consider acceptable

Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies

"There has been talk of more than �£1m with add-ons, but it was not in that area.

"It was an increase on their last bid but not substantial enough for Kilmarnock to consider acceptable.

"It was also structured with half up front and half in a year's time.

"It's up to Rangers what happens next. We have always said that unless we receive a bid that we consider acceptable then Steven will stay with Kilmarnock for next season.

"If the right money is put forward then it will be up to Steven what he does."

Naismith, who had a trial with Arsenal last season, has also been tracked by Celtic and several English clubs, with Bristol City going public with their interest.

But the striker, who made his Scotland debut against the Faroe Islands last month, would prefer to remain in his homeland at this stage of his career.

And he has stressed that he would rather stay at Rugby Park than be signed by one of the Old Firm clubs as a squad player.

He scored 19 goals last season and Rangers would like to re-unite him up front with former Kilmarnock team-mate Kris Boyd.

Just as long as the last paragraph doesnt mean they are first choice unless its a league cup match.