What's gone wrong?

4 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I think over the last 2 seasons he has also cost us a number of points through sheer stupidity/petulance!  Diving repeatedly, pushing shoving, kicking out, reacting etc.

Albeit we shouldn't have to rely on one player for our goals but there is no doubt he has cost us points as well as won us them.

But that isn't what your suggestion was with regards to salaries - it was that those on higher salaries contribute more than those on lower salaries.  Morelos HAS contributed more.  You are now moving the goalposts somewhat by bringing his negatives into the discussion.  Are you now trying to suggest that those on higher salaries should be perfect ?  Because if that is so I am categorically telling you that there is no such thing.

Nobody has suggested he hasn't cost us points, in the same way a company wouldn't tell you that a CEO couldn't have made his company more money by doing things a little differently.

What is your argument about those with higher salaries again ?

3 hours ago, gaspard said:

I don't buy in to the corrupt theory (for the time being) I do however believe that the refereeing imbalance is caused by a very poor standard of official,  combined with a cowardly propensity to take the easy decision.  Years and years of legal challenges to every contentious ruling against separate entity combined with a stunning pr machine, has resulted in our football officials favouring only one side. Now this may be institutionally subconscious,  but if it is not, then you are correct and corruption is  occurring.  Either way they are unfit to perform their duties.

Would that choice of wording not actually suggest that they are, indeed, corrupt ?  Playing devil's advocate because I don't buy the corrupt terminology yet either - but incompetent is undoubted.  And Celtic, their PR machine, and their zealot fanbase have petrified officials into no longer being impartial when officiating their games.

A question for the doubters.

What would it take to convince you of referee corruption - deliberately taking decisions that disadvantage Rangers and deliberately taking decisions to favour Celtic? You're never going to get it in writing, nor are you going to get a guilty referee confessing anything (well not unless you're a Catholic priest anyway), so what is it you expect to see that you're not seeing today? 

57 minutes ago, Bill said:

A question for the doubters.

What would it take to convince you of referee corruption - deliberately taking decisions that disadvantage Rangers and deliberately taking decisions to favour Celtic? You're never going to get it in writing, nor are you going to get a guilty referee confessing anything (well not unless you're a Catholic priest anyway), so what is it you expect to see that you're not seeing today? 

My doubt is more in hope than belief, a forlorn wish for the game to be pure I guess.  And by that I mean hope that those that should be impartial aren't willingly and wantonly being prejudicial towards one club.  It's not wanting to believe in outright cheating.  However, and even ignoring this season's officiating, I may have been one of the first to suggest that corruption may be evident in the game regarding officials last season when attending t he first Hibs game at Ibrox where Beaton sent off Ryan Jack for absolutely nothing whilst allowing Stokes to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes despite AT LEAST two infractions deserving of AT LEAST a yellow card (his manhandling of Tavernier was worthy of a red on its own merits).  That was when I first, in recent years at least, suspected sinister actions.

5 hours ago, craig said:

Would that choice of wording not actually suggest that they are, indeed, corrupt ?  Playing devil's advocate because I don't buy the corrupt terminology yet either - but incompetent is undoubted.  And Celtic, their PR machine, and their zealot fanbase have petrified officials into no longer being impartial when officiating their games.

I'm really not that eloquent or articulate enough to convey what I mean, but in a nutshell, I tried to say, the bias may be subconscious,  then it's not overt corruption,  but it may well be conscious,  then it is indeed corrupt.  Either way we lose, but imo we need to get used to it, our pseudo-nation Orwellian micro state, that we have allowed ourselves to become, will continue to regard rangers and everything associated with us as an anathema to all the forces of goodness and fairness that will save us from the devil in Westminster,  that mind state prevails in every level of society governance,  from the Edinburgh school debating chamber to the imbeciles at hampden. There are enemies everywhere, gersneters don't have to look very far to see the trojan horses. 

18 hours ago, craig said:

But that isn't what your suggestion was with regards to salaries - it was that those on higher salaries contribute more than those on lower salaries.  Morelos HAS contributed more.  You are now moving the goalposts somewhat by bringing his negatives into the discussion.  Are you now trying to suggest that those on higher salaries should be perfect ?  Because if that is so I am categorically telling you that there is no such thing.

Nobody has suggested he hasn't cost us points, in the same way a company wouldn't tell you that a CEO couldn't have made his company more money by doing things a little differently.

What is your argument about those with higher salaries again ?

Think you quoted the wrong person, I never mentioned salaries.

On 27/02/2020 at 08:45, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Think you quoted the wrong person, I never mentioned salaries.

It was me and Morelos has badly let us down once again. I don’t share Craig’s view which seems to be that he can pick and choose when to justify his bumper wage packet and that he doesn’t have to take more responsibility than others with less talent on less wages. Tonight Alfredo has massively contributed to a cup exit and in the process wiped millions off his transfer value and slapped the people who pay his salary in the face. He has also badly let down the manager and his team mates. 

20 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Tonight Alfredo has massively contributed to a cup exit and in the process wiped millions off his transfer value and slapped the people who pay his salary in the face.

Are you aware of the full circumstances?  

15 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

SG is.  

You've never had a boss who isn't prepared to listen to the full story?  I've had a couple - assumptions can be made on a baseless premise.