What's gone wrong?

51 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

But you seem to think it is bluedell. Speculation mate. His salary and form is not speculation. 

And you seem to think it isn't.  Salary and form may not be speculation but tell me how salary helps you on a Saturday ?  We have no idea what he is going through.  Off field issues MIGHT be affecting him but might not.  Is he off form ?  Yes.  Is he still trying ?  Yes.  Is he playing as well as he was 2 months ago ? No.  Is he our best striker ?  Undoubtedly.

I have seen plenty of people talking about Kamberi replacing him but that is all rather easy to say with hindsight and a couple of impressive cameos from Kamberi…. but perhaps we shouldn't forget that, yesterday at least, Kamberi didn't play through the middle to replace Morelos, but came off the left hand side and looked more than decent doing so.

Outside of Kamberi we have very few options to replace Morelos - Defoe is injured and Stewart isn't an out and out striker.  Our issue all season long has been that our goals have been split between, for the most part, two players..... one of whom is off form and the other is injured right now.  Celtic have goals throughout their team unfortunately whilst we do not.

The other mob are due a few bad results they are not as good as  their pals in the media keep spouting therefore we have to get our act together to step up to the challenge I won't surrender until it's mathematically impossible 

1 hour ago, compo said:

The other mob are due a few bad results they are not as good as  their pals in the media keep spouting therefore we have to get our act together to step up to the challenge I won't surrender until it's mathematically impossible 

I wont be giving it up till the math dictates either though there isn't a great deal of breathing space now. Win the game in hand the gap is 9 points beat them twice and the gap is 3. Of course that's dependent on us winning every game from here on in and looking for them to drop points which I feel they're due to.

Being realistic it's unlikely but then coming back against Braga was unlikely. I live in hope more than expectation but the hope isn't entirely unrealistic.

20 hours ago, Walterbear said:

But you seem to think it is bluedell. Speculation mate. His salary and form is not speculation. 

You're over-exaggerating his loss in form, in my opinion, and I really don' see what his salary has anything to do with it. Would it change anything if he was getting paid, say a third of what he's currently on?

You say that you'd take a player with 20% less talent than Morelos? We wouldn't have a game on Wednesday and we'd be further off the top of the league if we had.

There seems to be a mass hysteria going on with many Rangers fans on-line at the moment, trying to lash out and everyone's got their own bogeyman of who to blame. 

There was an interesting interview with Roy Keane a few years ago when he spoke about his regret over how he'd treated Sebastian Veron when he was Man Utd captain. He'd been delighted Utd had signed Veron, Keane felt he was one of the best midfielders in the world at the time, Keane had played against him in Europe and really admired him and was really looking forward to playing alongside him. But Veron's form was poor and Keane was really on his case about it. Veron complained that his family weren't settled, he was living in a hotel, his wife and kids missed 'home' and their friends there and they were finding the language barrier a big problem. Keane dismissed all this poor excuses, Veron was being handsomely paid and was a top professional, he should be able to switch off from domestic issues when on the pitch and Keane told him so on a number of occasions. It didn't work out with Veron and he eventually left Man Utd. 

Later Keane joined Celtic, his family stayed in Manchester and Keane lived in a hotel when in Glasgow. Keane was amazed how much it affected him, he didn't appreciate it how having his family and friends around him created the right atmosphere for him as a player. For Keane there was no language barrier, no time difference and he could pop home every week, yet still he struggled for form and was unhappy in Glasgow. Keane thought back to how hard he'd been on Veron, and how he'd not appreciated how some players could be affected by off-field stuff. 

Morelos isn't living in a hotel, but his domestic life must be fairly turbulent currently. None of us can say how that could affect them because we're all different and we all react differently to similar situations. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure when my wife was expecting our first child, I was so uptight about everything (her blood pressure was fine!). I don't think it's fair to dismiss the off field issues Morelos is experiencing simply because he's highly paid. Robert Enke was highly paid and highly successful, that didn't stop high standing in front of an onrushing express train. 

Morelos is off form, I think he should be benched for a couple of games, but he needs our support just now, none of us really know what he's going through. 

Just now, compo said:

Yes I watch them on sky and BT  and I believe they are there for the taking 

I never watch them unless they are playing Rangers so I don't really know much about them but their results don't indicate any weakness.  Forms a strange thing though and there's still time for a swing in fortunes. 

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

You're over-exaggerating his loss in form, in my opinion, and I really don' see what his salary has anything to do with it. Would it change anything if he was getting paid, say a third of what he's currently on?

You say that you'd take a player with 20% less talent than Morelos? We wouldn't have a game on Wednesday and we'd be further off the top of the league if we had.

There seems to be a mass hysteria going on with many Rangers fans on-line at the moment, trying to lash out and everyone's got their own bogeyman of who to blame. 

Bit selective there mate. I said “RIGHT NOW I’d take a player with 20% less talent.....” on the basis he would be on the park every game.

Of course salaries are relevant. People on higher salaries are expected to contribute more to any organisation than those on lower ones. 

Some are are questioning the contributions of some of our players and they are entitled to. We pay their salaries. Nothing to do with lashing out and bogeymen.