What's gone wrong?

It looks li,e we couldn't buy a decent ninety minutes since our jolly to Dubai a few weeks ago the defence is all over the place Tav  has hit a kind of groundhog syndrome the rest are like an out of step dancing troupe 

Davis hasn't had a decent game since he signed his contract Kamara has went downhill at an alarming rate Kent is a grafter but struggling for form some players can Hardly get game ti e Edmunson and Stewart, Aribo Jack and Arfield get a pass mark a d up front Morelos looks like he would rather be somewhere else .

Now there's talk in   the gutter press of some kind of bust up in Dubai that should not effect them there's fights in every work place 

Looks like it's all going g tits up to me whatever the problem is .

24 minutes ago, compo said:

It looks li,e we couldn't buy a decent ninety minutes since our jolly to Dubai a few weeks ago the defence is all over the place Tav  has hit a kind of groundhog syndrome the rest are like an out of step dancing troupe 

Davis hasn't had a decent game since he signed his contract Kamara has went downhill at an alarming rate Kent is a grafter but struggling for form some players can Hardly get game ti e Edmunson and Stewart, Aribo Jack and Arfield get a pass mark a d up front Morelos looks like he would rather be somewhere else .

Now there's talk in   the gutter press of some kind of bust up in Dubai that should not effect them there's fights in every work place 

Looks like it's all going g tits up to me whatever the problem is .

Wrong tense ...... it's already gone tits up. Season over.

The pain comes not from failing to win the league but that yet again we cannot sustain a challenge. Another season when we our form collapses and we finish weakly. There's more to this than meets the eye. It looks for all the world that the management has lost the dressing room.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

The pain comes not from failing to win the league but that yet again we cannot sustain a challenge. Another season when we our form collapses and we finish weakly. There's more to this than meets the eye. It looks for all the world that the management has lost the dressing room.

I'm not so sure about that! the way the team responded against Braga certainly never looked like the manager has lost the dressing room, there is however something wrong with the team!. Players bottle/attitude is wrong, why that is I don't know?.

Opponents are wise to the way we play.

They know how to make it difficult for us to break them down when we have one up front.  

When we went two up front after HT today the game changed in our favour. If we’d started that way we’d have won in my opinion despite our poor defending at times.

Don't know the answer but sunshine Jaunts must stop as they seem to have a negative effect on the players.

As Kent/Katic/Tavernier/Morelos seem to be the the players mostly mis-firing IMO then Jones/Edmunson/Polster/Kamberi should be given their chance and if Arfield might even give way to Srewart.

Anyway the league is now way out of reach so we have to concentrate on the two remaining cups we are in.

I think the domestic league is over, but the season?  No.

I find it slightly bewildering that fans are on Gerrard's back, or the boards for that matter.  A few years ago we couldn't beat Alloa, now we are in Europe after Christmas and we've won the first leg of our tie - there's a decent chance to progress and who knows what could happen?  We also lost a cup final to an illegal goal and we are still in another cup.

I still think Gerrard has done a pretty remarkable job in the short time he's been here.  We've shown improvement year on year and before the break everyone was loving it.

I would like to see us taking a more direct approach at times though.  I feel we've lost a bit of the aggressive pressing we were doing and we are playing too many wee triangles.

Edited by PoohBear

13 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I think the domestic league is over, but the season?  No

As you see I have said the same regarding the cups and at no time I have berated Gerard,other than his timing of subs,the failure is totally down to player error and the lack of a strong leader on the park.

The solution is not easy and we have very little time to solve it before the next cup games.

2 hours ago, PoohBear said:

I think the domestic league is over, but the season?  No.

I find it slightly bewildering that fans are on Gerrard's back, or the boards for that matter.  A few years ago we couldn't beat Alloa, now we are in Europe after Christmas and we've won the first leg of our tie - there's a decent chance to progress and who knows what could happen?  We also lost a cup final to an illegal goal and we are still in another cup.

I still think Gerrard has done a pretty remarkable job in the short time he's been here.  We've shown improvement year on year and before the break everyone was loving it.

I would like to see us taking a more direct approach at times though.  I feel we've lost a bit of the aggressive pressing we were doing and we are playing too many wee triangles.

I’ve come to the same conclusion. This season started right - defending from the front - fast, physical, clinical. We seem to have given up on that or at least the players are not effective at it any more. 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Have to say I agree with you on this Bill. Something isn't right behind the scenes and they don't appear to be playing for the manager. Maybe they got pissed off with SG slating them in public (can't imagine shagger and Davis being happy with that?) or maybe all the off field and refereeing stuff has got to them? Maybe some players have personal problems? I could be wrong and it's none of them but something is definitely wrong in the dressing room imo. Some will say but what about Thursday night? They were all in the shop window in the Europa league, turning it on then (Or at least shaking a leg) suits them personally.

Edited by cooponthewing

7 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Have to say I agree with you on this Bill. Something isn't right behind the scenes and they don't appear to be playing for the manager. Maybe they got pissed off with SG slating them in public (can't imagine shagger and Davis being happy with that?) or maybe all the off field and refereeing stuff has got to them? Maybe some players have personal problems? I could be wrong and it's none of them but something is definitely wrong in the dressing room imo. Some will say but what about Thursday night? They were all in the shop window in the Europa league, turning it on then (Or at least shaking a leg) suits them personally.

Who knows but the change in form is staggering. We went to Parkhead as favourites in my eyes. We had been the best team in the league and the goals for and against showed it. But I do still wonder if the wheels came off due to so many starting 11 players being injured at the same time; Helander, Tav, Barisic, Jack, Morelos. We lost of mojo and now can’t get it back.