[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Hamilton Acas

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Anyone comparing the end of  John Greig’s time as Rangers manager & just now is kidding themselves.

Back then we could barely get in the top four.

59 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But we looked decent in Europe but useless domestically. Oh and JG won us the odd cup or two....

Football was completely different back then.

4 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Andy Halliday is one of the phew who can't be accused of lacking fight or desire! Why was he sent out to face the press? What's happening?

Correct, it's bizarre to say the least. Where's our shrinking violet captain when the time comes to stand up and be counted. Too many of the wrong type of characters in the wrong roles at the club. For what it's worth, Halliday spoke well and made no attempt to sugar coat the shambles we're in. I can only assume he faced up because no one else was prepared to.

Edited by Bill

9 hours ago, Bluedell said:

While there's plenty of blame to go around, sections of the crowd don't help. The abuse that some of the players got was unacceptable and is creating an atmosphere that makes it more difficult for the players to perform.

Good job Eric Dier doesn't play for us ?

10 hours ago, Bluedell said:

While there's plenty of blame to go around, sections of the crowd don't help. The abuse that some of the players got was unacceptable and is creating an atmosphere that makes it more difficult for the players to perform.

I know that it was toxic at the end and must admit that for the first time,since I started going to Ibrox(circa 1962/63),I actually booed the players off the field and may have used a few expletives.It was mainly aimed at Tavernier/Goldson whom as Captain & Vice-captain inspired no one at all.

3 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Andy Halliday is one of the phew who can't be accused of lacking fight or desire! Why was he sent out to face the press? What's happening?

That is bizarre. 

What's going on at our club.  This is bloody crazy to put Halliday up under the circumstances.  We are absolutely rudderless and gutless at the moment.  I'm shocked, gutted and ashamed right now.

32 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'm shocked, gutted and ashamed right now.

Shocked?  Yes.  Gutted?  Of course.

Never be ashamed to be a Rangers man.  Even at our lowest points as a club, I have woken up and felt grateful that I'm not a pretend victim and don't support a paedo enabling institution. 

We'll come back from the current slump.  When...? I wish I knew but it will happen.  

While losing the odd game and playing rubbish, at least results-wise, our main problem remains that while still comfortably second, our benchmark is always Celtic. 

If anything, they have build a team - over essentially the last decade - that knows how to subdue any other Scottish team in the Premiership (refreeing and CO interventions aside). For the best part of 4 seasons we have failed to do that on a similar basis than they have. Obviously, they have spend millions more on that team than we did, players are settled and know what to do.

If you take a step back, we have a manager that still builds a team out of a limited budget and limited market abilities - you have to remember that quality players won't be haring to Scotland to play against he likes of Ross County, Livingston and Co. fearing for health, reputation and loss in quality.

Half a year ago "we" sneered at the mention of names like Scott Allan or Shankland, yet for all the guile of Aribo and the creativity of Hagi, we do need fighters that hold their own against the clobbers and diggers in Scotland. And that means fighters able to do it for Rangers, against whom every opposition team plays like they are in a cup final. (Again, refereeing standards aside, who are unbelievably sub-standard these days.)

It is something we have failed to do, something that needs to be adressed. And in saying that, you would also have to question the non-selection of proven Premiership "fighters" like Stewart, Jones, Docherty and Co. ... while nigh always going Plan A with a "4-2-3-1" line-up against ANY opposition. Or indeed keeping players in the squad that did not deliver. What was that saying? Hard work will beat quality if quality does not work hard?

One last thing, and it ain't an excuse, just a fact. The amount of chances we failed to take these last few month is sheer unbelievable. There were ridiculous saves from Morelos' attempts time and again, defenders getting a boot in or us hitting woodwark. Hagi had a couple of chances that any other day he might have scored and we would be on our knees hailing him like Football God incarnate. It has all come together to make up a fine recipe of disaster that leave us all dejected and frustrated. Not least when all silverware is Scumhut bound, despite the help of inept refereeing. Our time will come, as what happens right now won't go on forever. Never has and never will be. We've seen it all, have we not?