Official: Leverkusen away postponed

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Don’t see how they can. 

There's usually a cancellation option on flights and hotels, if booked sensibly.  Not sure about match tickets but I'd hope those will be fully refunded.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's usually a cancellation option on flights and hotels, if booked sensibly.  Not sure about match tickets but I'd hope those will be fully refunded.

The hotels maybe but I’ll bet very few have booked flexible fares. Who would refund the match tickets - not Rangers for sure and can’t see why BL would feel compelled to be out of pocket, so unless German authority that imposed the restriction will stand good for the liability I think this is simple force majeure. 

The club got lucky in a sense. Leverkusen and yahoos at home are 2 of the most financially lucrative games left this season. And they both appear about to escape any upcoming ground closure due to virus. I would guess those two games have to be worth at least £2.5 million or so of income which could have been lost.

• Frankie changed the title to Leverkusen away behind closed doors
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The club got lucky in a sense. Leverkusen and yahoos at home are 2 of the most financially lucrative games left this season. And they both appear about to escape any upcoming ground closure due to virus. I would guess those two games have to be worth at least £2.5 million or so of income which could have been lost.

There are more important things at stake than income for football clubs.

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

There are more important things at stake than income for football clubs.

Indeed. One wonders, though, how many people infect others with Influenza each year/season while attending football matches and lead to the deaths of how many hundreds in Britain alone?

What clubs could do is advice the high risk group of people (elderly, ill et al) to skip a few games per season, likewise those with such people at home. 

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The Celtic game has little relevance financially given that ST's have already been purchased, hospitality aside, though I suspect hospitality doesn't add that much revenue.  Leverkusen game admittedly does.  Cost me 75 quid for an adult and child ticket for tomorrow's game...