Official: Leverkusen away postponed

Incredibly optimistic to postpone matches between Italian and Spanish sides.

I'm not sure that this is going to get better in the near future.

If that is how it turns out then there will not be a good time to play the matches this season.

I think a lot of football on the continent is going to be played behind closed doors for the next couple of weeks.  

The situation isn't as bad in Britain...yet.

It's up to individual whether they think it's safe to attend tomorrow night.  

We seem to live in a very fearful society nowadays, in my opinion.  I'm more fearful of Rangers being thrashed than I am about getting a serious flu.

The more this develops the more certain I am that this season, both domestically and internationally, will not be finished.

All it will take is a couple of players to have symptoms and they have to self-isolate, forcing those matches to be postponed.

The backlog and lack of catch up dates will force all competitions to be abandoned. There is no way sport should be proceeding with these athletes, together with staff, officials, their families, all being put at risk just to fulfill a fixture. If some sides are weakened, for the sake of sporting integrity, the 2019-20 season has to be abandoned with no champions, relegation, playoffs etc. We rip this season up and start again when it is safe to do so in the second half of 2020.

Sport is not more important than life, especially when we are trailing in the league and out the cup. Cheerio to 9IAR......

43 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We seem to live in a very fearful society nowadays, in my opinion.  I'm more fearful of Rangers being thrashed than I am about getting a serious flu.

There are a lot of older people with serious health issues who might reasonably be fearful of surviving a CoVid-19 infection and who would be entitled to disagree with you.

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Child rape was -and is, still- regarded as a small price to pay for the greater glory of rasellik; surely upping the ante to a few hundred deaths (a mere statistic, mind)  is acceptable too?

Bloody hell that's dark for a Thursday morning.