Diversity and Inclusion Charter

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

Interesting question; not sure if you can compare it to mathematics. But my point is really that it is a way of looking and analysing the world and really needs a lifetime of study.

Perhaps mis-applied marxism.

21 minutes ago, compo said:

No way I can prove this but if we could fast forward a hundred years from now I suspect the same issues will still be around  .

If you want an analogy just think how public attitudes to homosexuality have changed. Most people now just don't get agitated by it yet in my young days you could hardly discuss it.

47 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

If you want an analogy just think how public attitudes to homosexuality have changed. Most people now just don't get agitated by it yet in my young days you could hardly discuss it.

I'm not sure how much progress has been made on that front.

Only a few months ago I noticed one forum user making awful homophobic remarks.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

See, IMO, you're taking this too far.

Our black players (and our white ones it seems), along with the manager and many, many fans want our black people treated equally.  Not to the detriment of anyone else or as some sort of silver bullet in terms of the perfect society, just a realisation that racism exists and we should all play our part to remove it.

It's not a perfect analogy but let's take the poppy. I love seeing our club wear that symbol every year. But I don't see it as solely remembrance of our war dead but of everyone killed or affected by such, i.e it should be seen as a symbol of peace for the future, not just remembering what happened historically. 

The same goes for our actions of the weekend. As Goldson explained it, it was about equality for everyone - not cherry picking some Marxist ideology but just a better, more educated outlook where people aren't singled out for maltreatment because of their colour or creed.

There are plenty other very serviceable anti-racist campaigns in football that the club could promote. By adopting the insignia of a Marxist organisation you are furthering their ends. Gramsci called for a long march through the institutions in order to achieve hegemony in the culture. Sadly, Rangers are now part of the process. I am not taking it too far at all. Indeed, given the urgency of the hour and the extent to which this ideology already dominates Scottish public discourse, I am not taking it far enough. Black Lives Matter (that black lives matter I will defend to the uttermost) is a trojan horse. We have now legitimised it institutionally as a club. Rangers - the friends of Marxists. How our forefathers would weep. Indeed, the Frankfurt School would happily endorse some of the principles of Anyone Anywhere. Marcuse, the father of the sexual revolution, would be delighted to see his values and principles realised by a football club in Scotland. Principles designed to deconstruct western civilisation, injected into the cultural bloodstream by neo-Marxist theorists. Do some research, look it up. We are being played.

Edited by Charloch

32 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm not sure how much progress has been made on that front.

Only a few months ago I noticed one forum user making awful homophobic remarks.

What do you think?

If I remember aright the poster apologised, only some ungracious people would not accept his apology or his reason for the inappropriate comment.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Timely and welcome statement from the club. Supports our player who has been a serial victim of racial abuse in this country and supports our players stance against racism. It is now clear it is a stance against racism and not any political statement or gesture. Also supports and pushed the EA platform. 

Where was the club's support of Morelos when the reaction of him reporting racism at Celtic Park was Celtic to deny it and issue a statement attacking him? Where was the support on the other occasions when he was racially abused within football grounds? 

Are they only going to do it when another football club isn't involved?

1 minute ago, Charloch said:

There are plenty other very serviceable anti-racist campaigns in football that the club could promote. By adopting the insignia of a Marxist organisation you are furthering their ends. Gramsci called for a long march through the institutions in order to achieve hegemony in the culture. Sadly, Rangers are now part of the process. I am not taking it too far at all. Indeed, given the urgency of the hour and the extent to which this ideology already dominates Scottish public discourse, I am not taking it far enough. Black Lives Matter (that black lives matter I will defend to the uttermost) is a trojan horse. We have now legitimised it institutionally as a club. Rangers - the friends of Marxists. How our forefathers would weep.

Marxists will support the BLM despite its inchoate character but I find it interesting that you should have assumed and defined its character when its leadership - or lack of - is still open to question. Then you go on to quote Gramsci who some consider a marxist. What BLM have done is to link racism to capitalist elites, to point out that it is but a tool to maintain control. If you are trying to deny this then you should be more explicit I think. Personally I think the club has done nothing wrong.

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Where was the club's support of Morelos when the reaction of him reporting racism at Celtic Park was Celtic to deny it and issue a statement attacking him? Where was the support on the other occasions when he was racially abused within football grounds? 

Are they only going to do it when another football club isn't involved?

Think you are being harsh on the club here. Taking the initiative on 'Everyone, Anyone' I think signals the way forward.