Diversity and Inclusion Charter

6 hours ago, CammyF said:

So where and when have any of them said that all lives don't matter? I think you'll find they'll believe, like most, that all lives do matter. 

However, there is undeniable racism faced by people of colour. They are right to call this out and right to highlight it now and to continue to highlight it until it stops.

Yesterday, Alfredo was called a black bastard on Instigram. Undeniable racism that is received less uproar from Rangers fans than CG taking to his knee. Utterly baffling. 

Let's go after the racists and not those seeking to eliminate racism. 

No problem, go after the racists, I hope they all go to prison. In the meantime can everyone climb down off the BLM knee-bending bandwagon and leave the rest of us to get on with our non-racist lives? Or do you really think seeing sportsmen taking a knee to is going to have the slightest effect on someone who calls people “black bastards”? Can we be honest and admit that knee bending and fist raising by prominent people is designed only to show the world how virtuous they are. Nothing has changed for actual racists. If anything, the righteous posturing and grandstanding by some in the media has only had a divisive and negative effect. 

3 hours ago, Thinker said:

Yes, there are those trying to hijack BLM, and piggy-back their own agenda onto the demonstrations (anti-capitalist, anti-Zionist, and revisionist villification of historical figures using modern social mores). We can not allow these people to dictate what "Black Lives Matters" means.

It’s a bit late for that, don’t you think? The hijack is complete and the “message“ was jettisoned In the first few days. The Golden coffin is buried, the statues are coming down, history is being re-written, the shops are looted, and the anti-capitalist revolution proclaimed on TV by BLM. So what you “won’t allow” is fairly irrelevant and much too late. That hijacking is only emphasised every time some privileged black millionaire takes a knee. As a means of dissuading racist behaviour it’s been a disaster. 

Edited by Bill

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can we be honest and admit that knee bending and fist raising by prominent people is designed only to show the world how virtuous they are. 

I despair and give up. 

3 hours ago, Thinker said:

We should be holding Connor Goldson up as an example of how BLM should be represented. He's stated his intentions quite clearly - he wants to convey a simple message against racism; That there should be equality of opportunity for everyone, regardless of their ethnicity. I support Connor in this, just as I support Alfredo in his charitable work in Columbia. I'm glad the club does too.

Yes, there are those trying to hijack BLM, and piggy-back their own agenda onto the demonstrations (anti-capitalist, anti-Zionist, and revisionist villification of historical figures using modern social mores). We can not allow these people to dictate what "Black Lives Matters" means. We can't allow them to detract from what ought to be a clear and unconvtroversial statement about how we want our society to be: One where everyone gets a fair go, and success is down to individual merit. That's the British way, if you ask me.

100% - so many people quick to dismiss the Black Lives Matter slogan and talk about the Black Live Matter movement. 

Our players and management are supporting the slogan and message and supporting anti-racism not a (perceived) Marxist Movement. Its not to difficult to understand if you just sit back and think for a minute. 

SG raised his fist - is he showing supper for a black power movement that wants to enslave and degrade all white people? 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

It’s a bit late for that, don’t you think? The hijack is complete and the “message“ was jettisoned In the first few days. The Golden coffin is buried, the statues are coming down, history is being removed-written, the shops are looted, And the anti-capitalist revolution proclaimed on TV by BLM. So what you “won’t allow” is fairly irrelevant and much too late. That hijacking is only emphasised every time some privileged black millionaire takes a knee. As a means of dissuading racist behaviour it’s been a disaster. 

I don't believe that's true. The "message" can be brought back into focus just as easily as it can be obscured.

I understand fully that if you're a conservative you're almost certainly sick to high-heaven of being demonized by liberals in the media - especially in Scotland. And it's probably become second nature to oppose any movement that you see leftie, anarchist activists tacking their agenda onto. But you can't afford to let racial equality become seen as a left-wing opinion. Rather than tarring everyone who voices support for BLM as a supporter of all the divisive add-ons, it's essential that you stamp a big non-political mark on this. If you aim a broadside at "Black Lives Matter" in general you're attacking the sensible parts as well as the extremists.

And I would have thought a young, succesful black man is the ideal person to champion a right-of-centre take on BLM, if that's what you wanted to do. A man who through determination and hard work has successfully marketed his skills to make money and achieve his aspirations. It can be done, but it ought to be achievable outside the sporting or musical arena.

19 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Nice of you to assume I didn't eh?

Regardless of any political views? They're a pure political construct. You can't appoint yourselves to your own group then claim to be "independent", that simply doesn't hold up.

I recall WHO "experts" telling us there was no human to human transmission of this virus. I recall being told there was no danger in mass gatherings such as football games then the same "experts" having a volte face, I recall being told by Scottish Government "experts" that wearing a face mask was pointless and it wouldn't stop anyone getting the virus then another volte face. We're currently being told by "experts" that if we go to the shops or use public transport we must wear masks and social distance by 2m yet the same "experts" are telling us if we go to the pub it only has to be 1m and no masks are necessary. What caused these volte faces, the virus hasn't changed, our understanding of it hasn't changed, the only thing that's changed is the politics.

I do wear a mask when necessary but I'm not naive enough to believe for 1 single second that would prevent me catching the virus.

I'll stick with the real SAGE group not the fake self appointed group who are unaccountable and responsible to nobody bar themselves.

https://fullfact.org/health/independent-sage-27000/

All you did was post an article from Guido Fawkes, so I had to make certain assumptions.  

With regards to experts, this is the trouble with science in the moment, its there to be challenged and for our understanding to be updated as we learn more about the virus and its effects.

As for Independent SAGE, I think they've done some good work holding the government to account, so I'm happy to see them exist along side official SAGE.