Diversity and Inclusion Charter

I am on this forum and FF and enjoy most of the banter but do no media platforms like facebook/twitter etc.where it seems easy to incite rebellion towards anything or get away with slanderous/libelous actions without fear of litigation.

With the current BLM crusade it seems to me that prominent figures are trying to push/promote their ideals and possibly have the right to do so,but personally I am sick to the teeth of having these "ideals" rammed down my throat at every opportunity.

Like the majority on here I have watched "the kneel" being shown at every live event and on highlights of the same.If their message has not been conveyed by now it never will so let's get back to what we want most is seeing any sport that we love to watch without the political undertones.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Who has been “abusing” Connor Goldson? Was it a Rangers fan? If so what are the police doing about it? What has it got to do with decent Rangers fans? Rangers is a football club, not a racism campaign. Why are some fans trying to make this Rangers’ business? Whose agenda are they pushing?

Lets ask the absent O.P. shall we?

17 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Lets ask the absent O.P. shall we?

Go right ahead. Be my guest. Let me know how you get on. But there’s no “we”.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

So are people not allowed to criticise the knee-bending circus without being accused of racism? It’s madness

People can criticise away but it makes them look ignorant fools. Imagine taking to the knee to oppose racism - pesky Marxists the lot of them eh.... 

Players are partaking in the "circus" against racism and support for equality - not hard to understand is it?

If you don't agree with it, fare play, just ignore it. No need to criticise those doing it and telling them to get to fuck out of "our club". Personally I'd take 1 Connor Goldson over 10,000  racist arseholes every day of the week.

Now being reported in the media, so as said above by forlanssister, a complete and utterly avoidable PR disaster. 

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

People can criticise away but it makes them look ignorant fools.

Blithely accepting something could also be viewed as ignorant.  

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If you don't agree with it, fare play, just ignore it

People have a right to argue against things they disagree with.  Ignoring things you think are divisive or one-sided isn't good.

I think BLM is divisive.  We are importing US issues into the UK and that isn't going to end well.  

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Blithely accepting something could also be viewed as ignorant.  

People have a right to argue against things they disagree with.  Ignoring things you think are divisive or one-sided isn't good.

I think BLM is divisive.  We are importing US issues into the UK and that isn't going to end well.  

So blithely accepting players taking to their knees opposing racism can be viewed as ignorant? 

How can anyone argue against anti-racism and players seeking equality?

Are you seriously saying all our black players support tearing down statues, defunding the Police and the Palestine cause just because they take to their knee and rightly say black life's matter? Or are they just sick to the back teeth of being called a black bastard or similar? 

Said before on the same day Alfredo was racially abused, some Rangers fans appear to be more upset by CG taking to his knee opposing racism than Alfredo being racially abused. 

Anyway, splattered all over the media now - we have a choice, we either support or players and club, or we publically criticise them  - know the path I'll be taking 

I support players sticking up for themselves against racism and support anti-racism initiatives.

I don't support the divisive and overtly political nature of the BLM movement. 

Social media has, is and always will be a horror show of ignorance and polarisation - anyone expecting otherwise will only ever be disappointed. 

25 minutes ago, CammyF said:

How can anyone argue against anti-racism and players seeking equality?

What an absolute joke. Seeking equality with who? Equality with some white guy flipping burgers for a pittance maybe? Or equality with someone trying to feed his family on minimum wage? Or equality with teenage girls being groomed and abused for being white? Maybe equality with some black kid stabbed and spilling his blood in some housing estate from hell? Yeah I can see why privileged footballers would be so anxious about inequality as they go from one bout of self- pity to the next.

I’ll take them seriously as advocates of social justice when they come out and say all lives matter and stop surfing the BLM wave of hysterical race baiting.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I’ll take them seriously as advocates of social justice when they come out and say all lives matter and stop surfing the BLM wave of hysterical race baiting.

So where and when have any of them said that all lives don't matter? I think you'll find they'll believe, like most, that all lives do matter. 

However, there is undeniable racism faced by people of colour. They are right to call this out and right to highlight it now and to continue to highlight it until it stops.

Yesterday, Alfredo was called a black bastard on Instigram. Undeniable racism that is received less uproar from Rangers fans than CG taking to his knee. Utterly baffling. 

Let's go after the racists and not those seeking to eliminate racism.