Team Talk For Sunday

Livingston manager Gary Holt: "I said before the game that we needed to get back to getting in people's faces, do the ugly side of the game, and you'll get your rewards. We got that tonight.

"Rangers come to us on Sunday and they'll know they've been in a battle.

Not a mention of playing football. 

"getting in peoples faces"
"do the ugly side"
"they'll know they've been in a battle"

How many random people who saw those three comments but didn't know what they were referring to would guess it was a football match.

A 'Manager'?  Talks more like a 'Cornerman'. 

Does he know, or can he reasonably guess, how many free hits on our players his charges will get from the officials? 

Edited by Uilleam

Finding myself feel some hate for this guy, though maybe I should attempt to put that aside and try to appreciate the honesty. McInnes when we go to the sheep pen tries to pretend it's a football match and they're going to play football. When we all know it's nothing but a kick fest on their part.

This guy at least doesn't try to pretend otherwise I suppose. And then the Scottish league wonder why we can't sell this kind of anti football.