[FT] Livingston 0 - 0 Rangers

Aribo is good with the one-twos.  So are Hagi, Morelos and Kent, when the mood takes them. 

With Aribo out, Kent reverting to type (beating a man then not doing much) and Hagi and Morelos off form...we're at a bit of a loss.

People say we should play it wide but with 8 or 9 defenders in the box and just Morelos and one other in the box, I don't see that being much more successful. 

What we need is more desire, more effort and more urgency.  

11 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Two things that annoy me about us:-

1) kick-off, the ball goes back and we can’t get out of our own half

2) the amount of times we needlessly pass the ball backwards

The first point is nonsense - @T-1000 has given the example from Sunday's game. 

The second, I completely agree with. The principle is sound -- to drag players out of position -- as @MacK1950 has said above. Kent especially annoys me in this regard, though. OK-- sometimes he's got someone touch-tight, so he has to go back first time. However, most of the time he has time to take it and turn. Even if he has a close marker, he still should be able to turn on the ball by changing his body position. His body position is always wrong. He's very much a winger, playing inside; and he doesn't quite have the knack for it. @DMAA has mentioned that on several occasions.   

This is a bit off topic, sorry. But when we were linked with Lovro Majer I looked him up, and he really looked like the kind of centre mifielder we could do with for these games. A bit like Aribo, he possesses that bit of flair that is needed to open teams up, either by beating a man in the middle of the park, or just by creating space with quick twists and turns, or from just possessing the vision and passing ability to pick out through balls and long diagonal passes.

There was a guy on Follow Follow who claimed to be a data analyst guys working for an English team, he had was tasked with looking into Majer specifically, but he said he knew Rangers were very interested and had been in contact.  

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Somewhere there also needs be a greater physical presence.

I’m not one that buys into this. Moving the ball quicker and a better understanding between the players is more likely to yield results. The players we have need to be stronger and more fearless, yes, but it’s the ability to move the ball from back to front quicker and pressing higher that will determine whether we are successful or not. We seems to have abandoned that high press, defending from the front and quick passing that we have done well with on occasion, but I haven’t seen it for a while.