[FT] Livingston 0 - 0 Rangers

1 hour ago, compo said:

We can talk about what and what not we should have done on Sunday but the simple story is we as a team were not good enough to breach the Livingstone goal .

We must do better  .

Don’t the tactics need to be better?

A back four & two sitting MF players against a team camped in their own half virtually all game.

8 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

A back four & two sitting MF players against a team camped in their own half virtually all game.

Sometimes in games like sundays fancy dan tactics are useless the players of old would just roll their sleeves up and get stuck in but players and managers these days dont have that mentality no one's more disappointed than me about Sunday's result like lots of you men on here ive seen the best and the worst but on Sunday to me it looked like so e players were just not interested. 

39 minutes ago, compo said:

Sometimes in games like sundays fancy dan tactics are useless the players of old would just roll their sleeves up and get stuck in but players and managers these days dont have that mentality no one's more disappointed than me about Sunday's result like lots of you men on here ive seen the best and the worst but on Sunday to me it looked like so e players were just not interested. 

With the occasional exception, in most games the attitude throughout the team simply stinks. For much of the time it looks like players simply going through the motions. I don't see anger, aggression, passion, call it what you will. We continue to carry a loser's mentality that our current coaches seen unable to shift and while it remains we will win nothing. There needs to be a bloodletting at Rangers and one or two of our main players should be shown the door in an almighty show of managerial leadership. Souness knew the value of sacrifice, so did Walter.

Read somewhere that if we had won on Sunday it would have been 1st time in a decade that we'd have won our opening 4 league games and it's the 1st time since the 40s we've not conceded a goal in the opening 4 league games. 

Edited by CammyF

Is it safe to come back on yet? 

Been avoiding the place since the game on Sunday, I was so angry and frustrated and disappointed and many other emotions that I thought it best to leave it 48 hours to let my exasperation subside! That has seemed to have worked as I am much calmer now.

I take it the common thread in the previous 26 pages was "we were pish, again!" with some formations and tactics (lack of) discussions thrown in?

And of course we are never going to win the league if we can't beat Livingston?

10 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

And of course we are never going to win the league if we can't beat Livingston?

Without checking the results, I'm sure the last time we won the SPL we dropped points at places like Livingston, so off course we can win the league even after dropping points against Livi. 

Clubs who've taken most points from us and Celtic since start of 18/19 season 

Killie = 15 points

Livi = 10 points 

Hibs = 8 points 

Aberdeen = 7 points 

Hearts = 7 points

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Did you even watch the game?

Barisic and Tavernier were high and wide.

We only had Goldson, Helander, Kamara and Jack staying back - Jack even had a bit more license to get forward.

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We only had Goldson, Helander, Kamara and Jack staying back

Four against one seems a bit overly cautious, particularly when you consider how much we spent on Helander and Goldson.

I sometimes think Gerrard thinks he's managing Liverpool already.