[FT] Livingston 0 - 0 Rangers

Just now, Franc Ergs said:

The stat itself is shoehorned, in that you made that stat up to fit your own agenda.

I dare say if i could be bothered to look into it i could come up with a very positive stat about Kent from yesterday, he was certainly not the worst offender.

Do you know what shoehorned means? It would have to be irrelevant to the argument, or not support my point, to be shoehorned. My prediction was that he wouldn't get enough assists because of x,y,z. That has panned out exactly as I said. There are no stats that I could bring into the debate that would be more relevant.

Kent certainly wasn't the worst offender yesterday, I didn't say he was.

We missed Aribo yesterday as some already said but I actually think big Balogun would have been an asset yesterday. He has already shown he can ping a ball 50 yards into feet plus he likes to take the ball for a run. 

That being said we had enough talent out there to win that game. 

I'm for keeping Gerrard n co in charge but I can't for the life of me understand why this problem hasn't been solved yet. Maybe it's just going to take us pumping one of these lot convincingly to finally get it through to the players heads, that to win these games you have to go to different lengths. 

9 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It is hardly “shoehorning” when it is on the exact topic I have spoken about with regards to Kent. If it was barely related it would be shoehorning. I said in his first season he just lacks end product, he lacks the vision and passing ability required to get the assists we need from our attacking midfielders. He has a tendency to run into crowded areas instead of hitting the byline. I was repeatedly berated and told “the assists will come”, (more in other places than on here). 

I tend to agree. He's not the most creative. He's just a pacy player that likes to take a shot - he does have a good shot on him at times. 

He looks to have started this season better, in terms of an end-product (goals), though. Of course, he still has to maintain that. 

42 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think we kind of develop into that on the pitch.

Kamara swerves out to make a situational back three, with Jack in front; We had Arfield and Hagi just in front of Jack; Barisic and Tavernier wide; and Morelos up top with Kent beside him - even if the latter roamed about, he was the one constantly pressing the 'keeper. That's basically a 3-5-2. 

Which plays into my point: it's not the formation, it's the way of playing.  

I completely agree we could go more direct. But, for me, it's as simple as taking off Kent, or Hagi, and bringing on Roofe or Itten. 

But then what's the plan? Is it crosses from the wing-backs? Long passes from deep (Jack, Goldson) into Itten and Morelos?

We do develop into that formation, but it isn't the same when you don't have two strikers on the pitch who know how to play in the box and have the physicality to hold up the ball and link up.

Well, it isn't solely long balls and crosses but more varied play yes. The ball moves slower on plastic and it makes it very hard to carve them open the way we normally would.

Edited by DMAA

Just now, DMAA said:

Do you know what shoehorned means? It would have to be irrelevant to the argument, or not support my point, to be shoehorned. My prediction was that he wouldn't get enough assists because of x,y,z. That has panned out exactly as I said. There are no stats that I could bring into the debate that would be more relevant.

Kent certainly wasn't the worst offender yesterday, I didn't say he was.

I know fine what it means, it means that you're making up stats to make Ryan Kent look bad, because you've never rated him ,and will go to any lengths to try and prove that .

You're utter dislike of him knows no bounds, you're like a stuck record ffs.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I tend to agree. He's not the most creative. He's just a pacy player that likes to take a shot - he does have a good shot on him at times. 

He looks to have started this season better, in terms of an end-product (goals), though. Of course, he still has to maintain that. 

He is on form and has started the season confidently. He is actually fulfilling more of a Windass role at the moment, not creating goals directly much but dangerous on the counter attack and starting to score more goals. I still think he would do very well on the right wing though where he could more easily use his pace and get to the byline.

2 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

I know fine what it means, it means that you're making up stats to make Ryan Kent look bad, because you've never rated him ,and will go to any lengths to try and prove that .

You're utter dislike of him knows no bounds, you're like a stuck record ffs.

I brought facts into my comment. I didn't make anything up, and the facts were anything but shoehorned. They were directly relevant.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I prefer 4-4-2, but 3-5-2 is more attacking on that pitch because you have 2 strikers occupying the centre backs instead of 1, and the midfield are largely the same but with less defensive duties because you have an extra centre back behind. Obviously our two most productive players, Tav and Barisic, are also freed up significantly from defensive duties. I think if you compared heat maps afterwards you would find in a 3-5-2 you’re players were much more active further up the pitch. 

So two strikers instead of one striker plus two number tens?

Do you worry that our fullbacks spend too much time defending? That's not the case.

I really don't see how this formation would change anything for us.