Club Statement

13 hours ago, barca72 said:

What do you suggest? Build some bridges?

No, I dont.

However, just what do you think will happen if players take out retribution on the pitch ?  The very same supporters were likely calling Morelos all sorts of names when he was getting sent off last season and the season before - now they want him to mete out his own retribution, likely to end in a red card.

What an absolutely ridiculous, stupid suggestion.  Aye, lets just batter into them, get sent off, drop points, lose the league, see Celtic get 10 IAR.... and then we will blame the players for not being disciplined enough and missing important players at important times during the season.

I honestly despair at how our fans work the thought processes through sometimes.

7 minutes ago, craig said:

No, I dont.

However, just what do you think will happen if players take out retribution on the pitch ?  The very same supporters were likely calling Morelos all sorts of names when he was getting sent off last season and the season before - now they want him to mete out his own retribution, likely to end in a red card.

What an absolutely ridiculous, stupid suggestion.  Aye, lets just batter into them, get sent off, drop points, lose the league, see Celtic get 10 IAR.... and then we will blame the players for not being disciplined enough and missing important players at important times during the season.

I honestly despair at how our fans work the thought processes through sometimes.

No your wrong every successful team gas their tough man even the tippy tappy football at Manchester city without one you win hehaw just look at the scum Brown has our boys shitting themselves by sheer intimidation 

2 hours ago, compo said:

No your wrong every successful team gas their tough man even the tippy tappy football at Manchester city without one you win hehaw just look at the scum Brown has our boys shitting themselves by sheer intimidation 

No, I am not wrong - you are assuming that Rangers players will be officiated to the same standards as all other teams players - using Man City as a comparative is utterly pointless because English refs, whilst they may not be the best, they generally officiate in a balanced manner.  Scottish refs don't - Rangers players, as we have seen plenty of times over the last few season, are shown cards that players of every other club don't.

If you can't see the difference between how a Man City "hard man" would be treated by English refs vs how a Rangers "hard man" would be treated by Scottish refs (by comparison to other teams players) then I can't help you. 

29 minutes ago, craig said:

No, I am not wrong - you are assuming that Rangers players will be officiated to the same standards as all other teams players - using Man City as a comparative is utterly pointless because English refs, whilst they may not be the best, they generally officiate in a balanced manner.  Scottish refs don't - Rangers players, as we have seen plenty of times over the last few season, are shown cards that players of every other club don't.

If you can't see the difference between how a Man City "hard man" would be treated by English refs vs how a Rangers "hard man" would be treated by Scottish refs (by comparison to other teams players) then I can't help you. 

Okay, now you have vented your spleen maybe you can say something constructive on how our players should withstand this violent physical barrage.

No one is saying that the player who receives “the treatment” should himself retaliate right away, however, it looks like they are suggesting that an “enforcer” is required to stem the tide. Maybe more than one in the same team.

I can remember teams all the way back to George Young, Willie Woodburn, Bobby Shearer, Ian McColl, John Greig, Graham Souness etc. which were well respected by their opponents, gentlemen all.

I remember a Form Master at school who, just before he gave you the belt, would say to you - “ xxx you are allowed to half-kill a man as long as you leave the other half for someone else”.

If we don’t introduce a form of self-protection into our play then it will not be a case of our team stopping 10IAR, but simply sitting back – as you would appear to be advocating – and watch another league be gifted to our opponents.

I eagerly await your suggestions of how we can turn this situation around both on the pitch and changing the viewpoint off of it. Remember, wars are dirty.