Europa League Group Stage Draw: Benfica | Standard Liege | RANGERS | Lech Poznan

Happy with the draw.  Benfica will be tough but we have a good record vs Portuguese teams of late, and we seem to perform well in big games so for me they will be two great tests of where we are as a team.  As for Liege and Poznan, they will no doubt pose problems but I fancy us to get points on the Board there.

You would take our draw ahead of theirs every day of the week.

On the face of it, I'm happy with that group. Some exciting challenges; but still seems definitely winnable.

Beforehand, what I was hoping for:

Pots 1 and 2: Two recognisable European names with a decent pedigree, (whilst avoiding money-bags, superteams from the big 5 leagues). The potential for prestige scalps.

Pot 4: Ideally a whipping boy.

Overall: No long-haul trips (i.e. aviod Israel, Ukraine, Azerbaijan etc.)

For me all boxes ticked except you can't really look on Poznan as push-overs. The Polish club coefficient has been in free-fall these last few years, but I still expect they'll be a decent side.

Edited by Thinker

A lot of money at stake in this group. £500k for a win, another £500k for finishing second of £1m if we can win it. This draw has made it much more achievable to make decent money out of this competition.

we will have our work cut out to progress from the group but it's a nice little earner would be better if there were crowds allowed in to spectate even more money but it will be interesting i am looking forward  to seeing Benfica once a force in european football  

32 minutes ago, compo said:

we will have our work cut out to progress from the group but it's a nice little earner would be better if there were crowds allowed in to spectate even more money but it will be interesting i am looking forward  to seeing Benfica once a force in european football  

I actually went to old Trafford last season to see Benfica with my old man and didn't see anything major to worry us 

1 hour ago, Thinker said:

Does anyone know - will we be able to buy tickets for group stage matches via Rangers TV (like last night) or will they just be on SKY/BT?

BT have the rights so it will only be on there. We won't be able to buy it on RTV.