Celtic vs Rangers - 17th October

1 hour ago, craig said:

In this instance, I am glad it is them rather than us.  A complete unknown of a youth player looking up to a senior player - and that is the "best" news they can come out with ?

You're looking at this one article in isolation. There's something virtually every day. They're getting the "brand" out there.

the actual news story doesn't matter. Their club is in the press and neutrals are reading about them and not us.

It's all part of the "drip, drip, drip" campaign (or Espanyolification as I've seen it described elsewhere).

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

You're looking at this one article in isolation. There's something virtually every day. They're getting the "brand" out there.

the actual news story doesn't matter. Their club is in the press and neutrals are reading about them and not us.

It's all part of the "drip, drip, drip" campaign (or Espanyolification as I've seen it described elsewhere).

That would maybe be why i said "in this instance", no ? :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Their "brand" will be out there soon enough when the Adrian Goldberg documentary comes out, and the victims of CSA get their day in court.  They are having to get their brand out there because they know a storm is brewing.

I dont disagree with you that they are better at it than we are - but a youth player having to praise up Leigh Griffiths is barrel-scraping - even their own fans know that.

Ive been around a long time and seen many an old firm encounter so I am not going to be taken in by this tosh about the opposition being weekend because a few of their lot might be out ,how many times have you seen us overcome stronger and better teams. 

It will be an interesting tussle on Saturday with high stakes the winner will get a boost the losers will be set back it's time to see if were a royal flush or just another bluffer at the table .:rfc:

13 hours ago, craig said:

Their "brand" will be out there soon enough when the Adrian Goldberg documentary comes out, and the victims of CSA get their day in court.  They are having to get their brand out there because they know a storm is brewing.

2 hours ago, compo said:

Ive been around a long time and seen many an old firm encounter so I am not going to be taken in by this tosh about the opposition being weekend because a few of their lot might be out ,how many times have you seen us overcome stronger and better teams. 

It will be an interesting tussle on Saturday with high stakes the winner will get a boost the losers will be set back it's time to see if were a royal flush or just another bluffer at the table .:rfc:

This is a good, but somewhat complex point compo.

If we win there are a couple of outcomes - first, obviously we gain an advantage in the table.  The psychological then comes into play - it obviously would give us a boost mentally to win, but what would the impact be on Celtic ?  It either dents their confidence and puts them on notice that they wont have it all their own way, meaning they will be under pressure.  But it could be that they simply brush it off because "we were missing key players".  There is also the possibility of siege mentality - although that usually comes when players feel slighted - I doubt they can feel slighted in this instance - unless at UEFA given this is all due to international break.  At this point nobody knows what the impact will be on them.

However, if they manage to win, the psychological damage to us could be longer lasting given they will point to winning with a weakened team and suggestion if we can't beat their second team we wouldnt be able to beat their strongest.  Doesnt bear thinking about.

The focus is on them missing player - however, we might be missing players every bit as influential.  Hopefully not.

One point to note on them missing players through covid - to me it all seems far, far too convenient to suggest that it is due to internationals.  No other team, to my knowledge, has even close to that many players absent due to the international break - given incubation periods and the length of time that these players are on international duty, there is every chance that they contracted this whilst with Celtic, not their international squad.  It is also very suspect to me that they haven't been pushing the agenda for a postponement - we know they have previous for this...... anyone else more than a tad suspicious that this actually emanated from Parkhead, players then allowed to leave for international duty and Celtic then point the finger at national squads ?  From what I understand, Edouard tested positive on arrival with the French squad, so it is unlikely he contracted it from anyone in his national squad. All seems very, very suspect to me.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

In the week ahead of the derby. Masonic COPFS and Orange Press conspiracy orchestrated by the dark forces of Rangers PR guys.

I await a comment by TLB and his mhedia-lickspittles regarding Beaton having "to be strong" ...